• This topic has 34 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by packs.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Anyone spotted a Shimano 11-34 cassette anywhere?
  • ahsat

Looked like they were due in stock in various places this week, but everywhere is now showing the second week of June. One assumes they are stuck in an impounded container ship! Anyone spotted a Shimano 11-34 11-speed Utlegra (or 105) cassette anywhere? I’ve checked all the big players and my LBS. It is the missing piece on my gravel build (I am running old RS685 Ultegra shifters).

ahsat

peteimpreza

doing the same search myself and no luck so far……..

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

First place I’ve found with stock https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shimano-CS-HG700-11-speed-cassette-11-34T/dp/B07DLLQ472

Been using one myself since last summer on the road bike, I can live with the 11-13-15 jumps at the top end to have 17-19-21-23-25-27-30-34 as climbing options.

ahsat

@boriselbrus – you star! Never looked at Tri sites. Ordered 🙂 (Price premium swallowed!)

ahsat

@peteimpreza – they are still showing as available to order

peteimpreza

Thanks

DezB
    Free Member

I’d always look on Ebay. Its not all 2nd hand tat. Well, hardly any of it is these days.
    Bet this fella would accept less than £90 – https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174756186971

peteimpreza

Debz that’s the wrong one

ahsat

Yeah, there are 11-32 available from the likes of wiggle. I have one of those, but want to drop to something a bit lower on my gravel for bikepacking etc, and I need a new chain on the new frame, so looking to swap the cassette at the same time. Hoping that the TriUK order comes through.

ahsat

Looks like that TriUK cassette has shipped. However for anyone still looking, I have since found a 105 11-34 cassette and chain bundle at EVO for sensible money (I’ve used EVO before – they are v good).

https://www.evocycles.co.uk/shimano-105-7000-cassette-and-chain-bundle/mpn:r7000chain_z/

peteimpreza

Thanks again Tasha, that’s a bit more palatable especially as I needed a chain !!

peteimpreza

The Evo stock system is wrong, no stock so order has been cancelled and I’m getting a refund

ahsat

Oh damn – that’s annoying! They have been really good with stock updates previously.

DezB
    Free Member

What’s the difference between an R8000 and a HG800?

ahsat

According to Merlin, nothing:

“Note – 11/34 is HG800 (same quality as CS-R8000)”

ahsat

Nice spot DezB. I have a feeling that is in effect same one as TriUK as when I Googled it last night, as Evans bought TriUK. Therefore for my sins I have done the thing I always swore to I never do and lined Mike Ashley’s pockets, for two extra teeth!

peteimpreza

No worries Tasha, they phoned straight away and did an immediate refund

Mister-P
    Free Member

What’s the difference between an R8000 and a HG800?

R8000 fits an 11 speed road freehub body. HG800 is 11 speed but because the largest sprocket is dished it will fit an 8/9/10 speed freehub body.

swanny853

I think I have one of those, lightly used* in the spares box along with a chain if anyone is interested?

/stealth ad

*I genuinely don’t know the exact mileage as it was fitted to a bike I bought off here, but the tyres still had the hairs on them! I swapped it to 1x straight away.

kirky72
    Free Member

I couldn’t find one anywhere either and didn’t want to drop down to 105 so I plumped for SRAM1070 11 to 36, sram chain but Ultegra groupo.

Should be easier on the legs and knees over long dales rides and tapping out over Park Rash.

Stainypants

@ashat I have brand new one in its box that I’m not going use p.m me.

Nick

ahsat

@Stainypants oh thanks – that’s kind. My TriUK one arrived today, and I think @peteimpreza is still looking for a reasonable priced one, so I’ll let them drop you a line.

peteimpreza

@Stainypants just sent you a DM re the cassette

angrycat
    Free Member

These guys have 3 available at the moment https://neweracycle.com/shimano-105-hg700-11-speed-road-cassette/

angrycat
    Free Member
    angrycat
    Free Member

These guys have 2 available https://www.centurycycles.com/cart.cfm

chaos

Random links for a 5 month old thread on a UK forum! Singapore, Aus, USA…

But as it happens I was looking for this as well and found that Deporvillage apparently have some in stock.

https://www.deporvillage.net/shimano-ultegra-r8000-11-speed-cassette-1134

Anyone know if their ‘in stock’ status is reliable?

I may just try switching my 52-36 chainring combination to a 52-34 instead though.  Much lower cost for the extra climbing ratio albeit at slight risk of poorer front derailleur shifting.

angrycat
    Free Member

I managed to buy 2 from Amazon, which arrived this morning and remembered this thread.
    I tried putting in my basket on the sites that said “in stock” and continued adding until they came up as not able to fulfil.
    I just thought I’d try to be helpful, and post my results.

matt_outandabout

Nevis Cycles had a stack of them yesterday.

I think Roots Cycles my local has a few.

chaos

I just thought I’d try to be helpful

Sorry mate, re-read my own post and it doesn’t come across well. thanks for the info.

angrycat
    Free Member

No worries mate.

packs

Skinflint is a good site for tracking stuff.

Looks like Merlin have them in stock for 100 quid!

I’ve got a slightly used one spare if anyone wants it for under than half that.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Anyone spotted a Shimano 11-34 cassette anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.