Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Anyone seen the footage of the second "Boston suspect" being captured?
  • bwaarp
    Free Member

Oooh you’re highlighting personal issues I have previously acknowledged in another thread as a way to try to hurt me. Big man, how does that make you feel? That insult took a lot of originality. :mrgreen:

I am specializing anyway.

anagallis_arvensis

Can’t remember the last time I read a text book. I tend to find they’ve generally been proven to be out of date by the time they’re published. They do look pretty good on my office shelves though…

zokes you really do have a massive ego and you also come across as a complete and utter cock. If you could match your massive “intellect” with a fraction of the quantity of self awareness you might make a reasonable human.
    Anyway you two trolls play nice xxx

hora
    Free Member

Sick of the US domination of our news.

ivantate
    Free Member

Sick of the thread hijack. Can’t they use PM or just kiss and make up. Proper keyboard warriorism.

I havent been able to see the footage but hundreds of swat and some helicopters against a wounded guy that has been on the run for a few days could have been overkill. Either way I think its impressive they got them so quickly and I hope he gets a good kicking for the the rest of his days.

Also I hope its a deterent for others but seems a bit unlikely.

Drac

Sorry yes a more accurate term would have been shoot to stop.

piemonster

Sick of the thread hijack. Can’t they use PM or just kiss and make up. Proper keyboard warriorism.

Plus one, its like watching a self important 30 something couple argue badly in Waitrose

bwaarp
    Free Member

Plus one, its like watching a self important 30 something couple argue badly in Waitrose

Nahhh Waitrose is beneath me, it’s way to middle class.

zokes
    Free Member

zokes you really do have a massive ego and you also come across as a complete and utter cock. If you could match your massive “intellect” with a fraction of the quantity of self awareness you might make a reasonable human.
    Anyway you two trolls play nice

How’s that glass house/stone throwing going for you?

And the anger management classes?

kimbers

footflaps

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Zokes vs bwaarp.

It reminds me of the internet in the 1990s:

“Your shit.”
    “No, your shit.”(sic)

anagallis_arvensis

How’s that glass house/stone throwing going for you?

And the anger management classes?

You again misinterpret my dislike for your objectionable online persona for anger. If you had a more mature outlook on life and some of that missing self awreness you might understand that.

boxfish
    Free Member

Classic example of a thread disappearing up it’s own arse.

v8ninety

Oh my god! Will you two just get a room and **** each others obviously terribly large but somewhat immature brains out already? Crikey. Some of us are trying to watch videos of people shooting at each other here.

wrecker
    Free Member

If rounds are whizzing around, police and military don’t shoot to kill or maim. They shoot to hit, with the primary objective of preventing harm to themselves and others (obv except the aggressor). The thought process is less “ill shoot him in the leg” than “f***”, no matter how experienced you are.

zippykona

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Could have been an interesting thread, but once again two pointless excuses for human beings have taken it upon themselves to wave their tiny penises at each other.
    Mods – just TJ them and have done with it please.

jamj1974

Amazing how quickly an argument on the internet (Even between two educated adults) turns into a variant of ‘my dads harder than your dad’!

Seriously both of you may have a high-level of formal education, but you are not proving to be a fantastic advertisement of it on here. Even worse, in face-to-face situations you are probably likeable people who act like adults and actually would likely get on well.

In the past I have read some of both your posts with interest and would like to continue doing so. Here’s an idea to let this happen. Pack it in both of you – live and let live eh!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*waves tiny penis at muddydwarf*

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pedant alert, but the observation of high level of education conflicts with the poor grammar – to middle class. Tut, tut…too middle class, please. I hope bwaarp’s spelling is better in his job applications. One of his recent targets picked up a minor typo on my application many (many) moons ago! But they even did handwriting tests in those days!

Anyway back to the topic. Anyone else think that there was more going on here. How many times has a major city gone into was seems to have been lock-down? Is that really the response to two people on the loose. Where is kaesae when you need him?

zokes
    Free Member

Where is kaesae when you need him?

Still recovering from a postman’s laser, I think

Anyway, back on topic…

Dead suspects aren’t particularly verbose. If police need evidence or info on motives as accomplices, probably best to try not to kill them to death

wrightyson
    Free Member

I see this thread has had the odd relevant post. If that was in the uk and they were on someone’s back yard would we have had the same level of gunshots? I very much doubt it, it looked like something out of Hollywood movie!

v8ninety

Dead suspects aren’t particularly verbose. If police need evidence or info on motives as accomplices, probably best to try not to kill them to death

True, but killing them to death is preferable to being killed to death. Or even injured to, um injury.

slackalice
    Free Member

Am I the only one who has a sense that the need for a quick ‘result’ means that possibly the true perpetrators have not been identified, killed and captured?

Whilst I haven’t read all the in’s and out’s of the situation, the cynic in me gets a voice.

Oh, with regards to the internal spat going on, there is a very significant difference between intelligence and emotional intelligence. Although we are all aware of that 😉

zokes
    Free Member

I see this thread has had the odd relevant post. If that was in the uk and they were on someone’s back yard would we have had the same level of gunshots? I very much doubt it, it looked like something out of Hollywood movie!

That crossed my mind too. But I guess the cat’s out of the bag re: armed police so crims get bigger guns in the states.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Bwarp’s spelling is atroshus.

Now where us this video?

scuzz
    Free Member

I’m glad there weren’t any stories of people being arrested because they chose not to obey the lockdown. When that happens, we have a problem.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m glad there weren’t any stories of people being arrested because they chose not to obey the lockdown. When that happens, we have a problem.

there was a chap in a black hoodie who had the fright of his life. Oh and the middle eastern looking chaps who got dragged out of a cab at gun point in downtown Boston.

scuzz
    Free Member

there was a chap in a black hoodie who had the fright of his life. Oh and the middle eastern looking chaps who got dragged out of a cab at gun point in downtown Boston.

Link me!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I used to think all that Charlie Brooker stuff where these things played out on twitter and other social networking sites were a bit far fetched. Not so much anymore. Looked like a far fetched episode of Homeland or something.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I had read in one UK newspaper that the police had used ‘non lethal’ bullets (what ever that means!) as they wanted to capture the suspect alive. It was more a case of disorientating/frightening him than killing him.

Klunk
    Free Member

Link me!

you had to be listening in to the police scanner.

pingu66
    Free Member

What confuses me is that they had SWAT, FBI and normal plod. Now if SWAT are the surgical tacticians that they are presented as, assuming no other more highly trained party was there, why was there a hail of gunfire. Also it is generally reported that when he was seen in the boat he was in pretty poor shape anyway.

Obviously we don’t know if he started firing a weapon from the boat but wouldn’t a more clinical method of shooting be preferable with all of the highly trained marksment they had around at the time rather than letting dibble loose to “fire at will” potentially injuring innocent bystanders.

Agree with muddydwarf, jamj1974 “adults is a bit of a stretch!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Aside from the bombing the pair killed a police officer during the first attempt at capturing them, I don’t see an issue with adopting a forceful approach to neutralising him.

pingu66
    Free Member

Personally I don’t have an issue with a “robust or “forceful” approach, however should the police not maintain a professional standard. As an outsider and from my understanding of what the police should be doing ie bringing him to justice, this seems like overkill and there was only a single objective firmly set in the minds of the police. It appears that they were taking the law into their own hands.

nealglover
    Free Member

there was only a single objective firmly set in the minds of the police. It appears that they were taking the law into their own hands.

What would you suggest they should have done differently ?

zippykona

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

poly
    Free Member

I haven’t seen any footage of the capture itself but I did read reports and see some of the rolling news coverage in the states. I assume that if that number of gun shots were being discharged either with the intent to injure/kill or targeted at the suspect from ill disciplined officers who got over excited that he would be a dead man. A fibreglass boat is not going to offer much protection. So, I have to conclude that if any of the front line officers had intended to kill – he would be dead.

I therefore assumed that the aim was one or both of the following:

– to show that you are there in force and that trying to run or fight back would be futile. A shock and awe tactic, to intimidate the hell out of the suspect if you like.
    – to encourage him to “show his hand”. If he’s still got a pipe bomb or a gun you want him to try and use that limited resource early – before you get so close it will be a problem.

either way, difficult to criticise their tactics at that point of the operation when he left the scene alive and was detained a very short time after being discovered.

pingu66
    Free Member

neal I am suggesting that maybe there were too many officers with too much attitude, ok feelings were running high, I understand that a colleague was shot etc but my understanding is that you had SWAT and normal police. Having the better trained, from a firearms point, take care of the situation may have meant less firing. Equally I don’t know if he was standing up giving it back.

Is there not a possibility that they were out to execute him rather than “bring him to justice”.

poly
    Free Member

Zippykona, one rolling news channel in the USA did report watching someone stopped at gun point and made to strip the waste to prove they weren’t carrying a bomb and another channel one of the producers was forced to the ground at gun point – for using her phone in an area where they were still worried about devices being remotely detonated.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen the footage of the second "Boston suspect" being captured?’ is closed to new replies.