Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • anyone riding a Topstone Lefty 3 ?
  • iainc

and if so what you think of it ?

My LBS has one and i’m thinking about it as a change from my Fugio 30…

iainc

oh well ! Think I’m going to go have a look at it next week anyway…

TheGingerOne

Go in with your eyes open as to the frequency and cost of servicing a lefty would be my advice after owning a Slate.

Others may disagree, but that is my advice.

iainc

Good to know, is it the fork specifically, or rear bearings etc ?

What is typical frequency and cost on the Lefty service ?

oldnick

If it the innards are anything like the lefty that was on my 2013 Scalpel then be prepared to do a clean and lube service far far more often than you would expect. If you do then it will be golden, if you don’t it won’t.

The Lefty forums on mtbr were a useful place to lurk.

iainc

Thanks, reviews seem to suggest that servicing of the new ones no more frequent that R/S or Fox forks, though not necessarily a home job.

dti

I have a slate with a lefty Oliver
    Still works great after a 3-4 yrs and lots of miles

iainc

^^^ good to know, am pretty much decided on it, but will have a sit on it and a spin round the block. Not sure how different it will feel to my Fugio 30..

kongman28
    Free Member

It’s my go to gravel bike and don’t be put off by the servicing, as you’ve said, these days it’s the same as RS and Fox. The internals are totally different and simpler and the sealing way better than the Oliver and prior Lefty’s. It’s allows you to ride basically anywhere in more control than a rigid gravel bike with no downside beyond a small bit of weight.

iainc

^^^^ that’s exactly what I was hoping to hear !

iainc

Well, it arrived yesterday, pedals, saddle, cages etc on, quick pavement test this evening, feels spot on so far. Fugio in the classifieds 😁

dti

Tidy bike

rOcKeTdOg

Just keep on top of the fork servicing, we had to replace the inner lower leg/axle and do a cartridge service for a customer and that was £370 in parts alone

iainc

^^^ thanks, will keep a close eye.

iainc

First ride yesterday and very impressed with it, 30mm of travel certainly adds to the comfort on rougher gravel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘anyone riding a Topstone Lefty 3 ?’ is closed to new replies.