Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone recommend something better than the stock Jeffsy BB?
  • onewheelgood

2016 Jeffsy CF Pro, BB92 with RaceFace Next SL Cinch crankset. The BB’s gone again, and I could replace it with another FaceFace effort but I wondered if anyone had found anything more durable? Hope?

garlando

I fitted a hope to my 2019 pro race. Too early to say if it’s better.

ta11pau1

I fitted a hope to my 2019 pro race. Too early to say if it’s better.

Same, so mine came with the e13 30mm cranks able bottom bracket, which didn’t last very long. Replaced with a cane creek solid oil 30mm press fit, which lasted twice as long, but only a year. I’m now on a hope 24mm press fit, and have gone to an XT crankset.

There’s just not enough room for a 30mm crank and bearings to make them good enough to last.

RicB

I found the stock RF ones ok providing you whip the inner facing seal off and absolutely pack the bearings with high quality grease.

I looked into the Hope ones but they just seemed to be slightly better quality bearings but with no extra sealing.

Poopscoop

Lost everything I just typed! Grrr…

@onewheelgood
    I’ve the same model and same year.👍

The HOPE one I’ve fitted is fine but its just 2 bearings with a machined lip on it.

If your NEXT is 24 mm you have a tonne more choice. I’m stuck with 30mm…

I’ve got a carbon 24 mm to go one when the HOPE finally gives up.

onewheelgood

If your NEXT is 24 mm you have a tonne more choice. I’m stuck with not much 30mm…

Mine is 30mm too. Really not much choice out there, and even less actually in stock anywhere. Has anyone tried the more expensive Race Face Double Row BB?

pothead
    Free Member

I tried Kinetic Bearings pf41 and although they lasted slightly longer than the E Thirteen (but still less than 4 months till the drive side was completely seized) that came on the bike I would be looking for 24mm cranks if I was still using the frame. 30mm axle in a pf41 frame is just a bad idea, the bearings are too small and will not last long

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Same vintage Jeffsy….After destroying my original Raceface BB in less than 4 (winter) months I switched to a dual track bearing option from ROTOR and have only been through 2 in the past 5 years…..Have repacked in situ with Mobil XHP 222 to get extra mileage which has worked well as well. I’m also more selective about riding conditions and no longer plow through deep water and tend to wait for dryer riding days for full sus duties. Wet winter conditions means the hardtail comes out. No jet wash and minimal washing generally….just brush off dry mud and damp cloth clean and lifespan is certainly much better.

The bearings info:
    ROTOR PRESS FIT 4130 BOTTOM BRACKET – STEEL
    Designed to work with BB86, BB89 and BB92 bottom brackets
    Dual track bearings
    Machined outside bearing
    Double seal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.