Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone own a Tacx NEO, preferably a 2 or 2T, need some info❓❓
  • Poopscoop

Need to chat to someone that actually owns one to find out if my one is just exhibiting a “feature” or is it’s faulty.

If anyone owns one could they post here and possibly let me call them at a convenient time over next couple of days? Trying to describe the issue is a bit difficult on a forum! No,I don’t expect you (or I) to post a number on the forum. We can sort that via PM.

Thanks! (On the basis someone can help.Lol)

Jason
    Free Member

I have had a Neo for a few years now, happy to help but as mine is the 1st gen not sure it is relevant.

On Facebook there is an active Taxc Neo group, worth posting on there for advise.

bigwatts
    Free Member

I have a neo 1 and a neo 2. What’s occurring?

tetrode
    Free Member

I just got a Neo 2 and now I’m curious as to what the issue is! Just post it here, no reason not to.

Poopscoop

Ok, I’ll pm a couple of you later, thanks guys, appreciated!

No secrecy with the potential “issue” tetrode, just want to talk to someone that owns one as the Neo is totally new to me…. Coming from Kickr Snap wheel on trainer.

Basically there is a stuttering to the cranks when pedalling. You can feel it when you turn the cranks by hand or through your shoes when pedalling as normal.

No, it’s not road feel or whatever it is called, turned on. I made sure of that. Question is, is it just normal for the Neo or is mine a lemon? It’s a little like the electronic brake is being applied a few times every second, hard to describe…

It cost a lot of money (PayPal credit treat for the weight I have lost and my 51st birthday!) and I basically want to make sure it’s 100% right. The feeling through the cranks is a little annoying to be honest.

All new drivetrain just fitted btw.

bigwatts
    Free Member

None of mine do that and I have 2 and often use a 3rd. You can get a bit of slip at high power in the wrong gear but I have to try and do it rather than it happening during a workout or free ride on zwift. If it’s that your experiencing then try using a different gear. Do a YouTube search for gplama neo. I’m sure he covered it in one of his videos.

Poopscoop

Hi mate, yeah, not the wheel slip thing.

This is just turning it over even by hand, not on Zwift or anything. Though it does it in Zwift too. You can feel a definite stuttering as you do so.

The same applies when riding. It’s fairly subtle but it’s there. Like the virtual flywheel is being electronically braked slightly a few times every second.

bigwatts
    Free Member

I just went and turned my neo 2 by hand and it’s perfectly smooth. No stuttering at all

Poopscoop

Cheers mate.

So not even a pronounced vibration through the pedal as you gently turn it by hand?

BadlyWiredDog

Obvious question, but have you trked it with a different bike to rule out bb bearings etc? Also is belt tension right? assuming there’s a belt – I had a Kickr vibe that turned out to be a slightly loose drive-belt.

BadlyWiredDog

Also, old chain, new cassette? Lubed chain?

Poopscoop

Yeah, drive train sorted and lubed and tried it on the mtb too, the same in afraid. Balls.

No belt drive on the Neo, basically you drive a huge motor/Dynamo that is powered to mimic a flywheel. It self powers the turbo too. Clever stuff and it’s what allows for the “road feel” of cobbles and planked bridges etc. When it works right.😁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Tacx NEO, preferably a 2 or 2T, need some info❓❓’ is closed to new replies.