Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone live in Milton Keynes, stadium advice needed ?
  • sprootlet
    Free Member

Hi
    Going to the MK stadium for a concert on Saturday (Rammstein woohooo) and in an effort to avoid congestion etc. we thought we would go on the motorbike…..rang the stadium today to be told they don’t have any motorbike parking and that you need to pay for a car space in one of the designated car parks. It isn’t the cost of the car park that’s bothering us, it will be trying to filter out of the car park with loads of cars.
    Does anyone know of any bike designated spaces/bike friendly places to park nearish to the stadium so we don’t have to leave with hundreds of cars ? If anyone has drive available nearby will happily buy beers ?
    Thanks for the advice in advance

alric
    Free Member

asda is in the same complex, park there. I think you get 3hrs free
    or failing that m and s, river island, etc etc, youll see it on google maps
    good move taking the bike, traffic is hellish there after an event

stof41
    Free Member

I’d park on Mount Farm industrial estate(its right next to the stadium) and walk in, added bonus is you can leave the back way away from the majority of the traffic.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Thanks guys, my other half looked at Mount Farm Industrial estate so we’ll probably try there.
    Was a bit gobsmacked that there was zero bike parking at the stadium though

halfbee
    Free Member

I think all of Mountfarm gets turned in to a paid carpark for events. Its a 10 min max walk from here

toby1

Previously went to the train station just north of MK, dropped in by train, on the way out most people are heading South, so the North train was quiet. Roads near the other station were dead quiet. Appreciate I’m not answering the original question, but it worked for me in the past 🙂

PMK2060

We go to quite a few football away matches and use Justpark.com to find parking spaces; usually on peoples driveways. I prefer to park away from the stadium as its quicker to get away as you can avoid the queues.

donks
    Free Member

Mount farm will be pay and walk but if you head to the big rock climbing centre in Mount Farm (bond avenue) and say youre climbing they will let you in for free then just park up and walk across the road to the bus stop then follow the alley/ path just behind it and a 5-10 min walk right to the end will see you to the stadium.
    Failing that you could park at Ikea?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Previously went to the train station just north of MK

Wolverton? It’s a good walk from Bletchley or MK Central. If not drinking then parking nearby is a much better option (IMO)

toby1

@Mister P – Yep, think it was Wolverton, used the train into MK rather than walking, the walk from the station to the …. ah hold on I went to the Bowl, not the Stadium (penny dropped as I was typing this) , sorry OP!

Jase
    Free Member

Park at Bowl and then walk, prob 20mins

sprootlet
    Free Member

Concert was last night and it was fantastic !

There is motorbike parking at the stadium which we could have used after all 🙁 despite what I was told on the phone by the event
    We parked in a residential area and walked in (took about 10-15 mins) then drove home via Leighton Buzzard, M1 and M25. Absolute a breeze, no traffic expect for the M25

Happy birthday present to me and thanks to everyone for their advice

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live in Milton Keynes, stadium advice needed ?’ is closed to new replies.