Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone live in Helmshore?
  • Harry_the_Spider

We know the area vaguely, what is it like for bringing up a family?

geoffj

Grim northern townette on the edge of the Rossendale valley.
    If I had to move back to that part of the world I’d be looking to the south and west – Edgeworth is a great little village.

Ofsted report for the Helmshore primary school here LINKY

Ofsted report for the Turton & Edgeworth Primary school here LINKY

The latter is better.

stayonthebike
    Free Member

Harry, I grew up not far from there, did live there for about 4 years (just up from the Robin Hood PH !!!), not the worst place in the world to live and given the chance, I would gladly move back there. Reasonable schools in the area (my missus is a product of the local high school and has done fairly well for herself, then again look what she ended up with- ME ! ). Seriously, there is plenty for the family to do, be it a local sports ctr, riding for you, not exactly a million miles from miles from the nearest town, Manchester, Bolton and Preston all within an hours drive etc etc … as I said earlier , there are worst places to live….

stayonthebike
    Free Member

Grim is a bit of an overstatement, granted Edgeworth is very nice, but it comes at a premium, property wise, still like Helmshore, just far enough out (depending where abouts in H/S you choose,) to be rural, but close to local ammenaties …

johnhoo
    Free Member

I used to work in Haslingden. A local place, for local people

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live in Helmshore?’ is closed to new replies.