Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone know where this is?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

it’s off a website for a cafe in capel curig, so i’m kind of assuming it’s somewhere in North Wales, but one doesn’t like to assume…

martinhutch

Cantilever Stone, Glyder Fach.

molgrips
    Free Member

I almost didn’t click on this thread, so then I clicked on it to complain that I NEVER know where the ‘where is this?’ photos are, so I never click on the threads..

.. except I know where this is 🙂 what martin said.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Siabod cafe!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cheers muchly 🙂 great photo op, that’s one day sorted, easy to get to?

molgrips
    Free Member

It looks pretty precariously balanced… fun thing to do is convince people that it’s safe to walk to the unsupported end as long as the rest of the group stands on the other end to weigh it down. Then when they do, all get off and watch them crap themselves.

A proper look shows there is in fact many many tons of rock on the supported end so you can have any number of people jump up and down on it.

easy to get to?

Er well, it’s on the top of a large and very rocky mountain, but otherwise yes. It’s worth doing actually, the landscape is gigantic boulders on top of more boulders.. like being an ant on a beach. I’ve not seen anything quite like it. I wonder how much height the mountain would lose if you took all the loose rocks off it.

Northwind

I didn’t but conveniently 30 minutes ago a facebook friend posted a pic of himself standing on it. So: It’s the Cantilever Stone.

piemonster

It’s here http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3586163

To be honest, it’s pretty easy to find in normal’ish weather.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone know where this is?’ is closed to new replies.