Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone know anything abouy Microsoft Access and Combo Boxes?
  • RustyMac

As title really,

I have a Access database i have been asked to modify and need to change part of it from a question to a combo box.

Basics behind it are

Current setup

Press button on front screen

Enter Peramiter Value – Which Name ?

Enter Peramiter Value – Which Location?

Brings up report for person X at location Y

Downfall of this is that if someone types in the name wrong or in a different format i.e D Hill, Dave Hill, DHILL etc all the information for that person is not collated into the report.

I want to change it so that the first question box of Which Name? is replaced by a drop down menu of names so that they will all be entered in the same format.

Can someone tell me how to do this? I don’t really know much about Access and did not design the database, i have just been given the task of modifying it as “I’m young so should know about computers”.

Cheers

Rusty

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Open the form for editing and insert a Combo Box. If you have wizards turned on it will ask for the information about where to get the list of names.
    You will also have to change the filter on the report to use the value of the combo box rather than the old text box.

mrmo
    Free Member

should be able to create a table which is a list of names then once you have inserted the combo box, use the table as the source.

RustyMac

Created table with names now a little unsure where to create the combo box. Do I create it in the front screen or do I go through the button to the report and create it there ?

mrmo
    Free Member

you need to create the combo box on the user form, then link it to the table where the data to populate it is coming from, and then link it to the table where you want to save the data.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know anything abouy Microsoft Access and Combo Boxes?’ is closed to new replies.