Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone in the window business? Need a quote
  • woody2000

Need to get some windows replaced at home, so if anyone in this line of business and in the Bradford area fancies popping round to give me a quote then please drop me an email to discuss, cheers.

j(dot)wood(at)freeuk(dot)com

Thanks

commierider
    Free Member

All I can say is the industry is on it’s arse so look for an insuance backed guaranteee as it is fairly certain that lots of the smaller installers will not survive the year (along with some of the big ones as well).

matt_outandabout

placcy or wood?

joe1983
    Free Member

how many units need doing?

bear-uk
    Free Member

YGM

withersea
    Free Member

try northern trade windows near pudsey – just had some sash windows from them via a builder at a great price

johnhoo
    Free Member

try northern trade windows near pudsey

somebody. else’s. ten. foot. bargepole.

We were thinking about replacing our front door with a PVCu one a few years back, NTW salesman came & basically wouldn’t leave. He was pissed off because he got to the house way before the appointment & we weren’t there to let him in. Wouldn’t give me a price, kept asking what I thought a good price was, and naturally I couldn’t answer that one, so we went around & around. Eventually I had to ask him to leave.

I think he’d also been drinking. Smelled like it anyway.

We decided to keep the nice hardwood front door & paint it a different colour instead. Much cheaper.

Oh, yes. OP – try Coral Windows.

Or better still, if you can fit your own, buy some of ours: http://www.premdor.co.uk.

Wickes, Jewson, Travis Perkins et al can source them for you

withersea
    Free Member

>>I missed out on the norther trade windows salesman as my builder got ours, sorry to hear johnhoo had a bad experience.

I agree coral windows are good and have a good reputation but they cost the earth!

midlifecrashes

I use Direct Trade Ltd in Doncaster for regular casements and Quickslide for sliding sash. Pay a local guy a decent day rate for installation and the price drops to a fraction of what some will quote.
    Direct Trade
    Quickslide

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

johnhoo, I apologise to the OP, but what internal doors would you recommend (yours or others) to help with shutting out noise?

Many thanks, & sorry for the hijack.

Cheers.

woody2000

Cheers all, I’ve replied to anyone who mailed me.

Ta 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the window business? Need a quote’ is closed to new replies.