Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Anyone here into Model Railways?
  • SST
    Free Member

If so, what have you got?
    Pics would be good . .

🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A personality issue?

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve reached that age in life where I want a train set in the loft.

Time for my nap… where’s my slippers?

aracer
    Free Member

and

HTH

AndyP
    Free Member

a test on joined-up writing when half-term finishes?

Pook

IanMunro
    Free Member

If only you’d asked ‘Anyone here into talking pretentious faux bollox about single malts?’, I’m sure you would have got a much more postive result 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, I like model railways. Very spensive though. Hence why I’ve not got one. 🙁

Love to have a set, although I’d prefer a proper grimy urban type layout, to those twee pretty little village sets that people make.

domino

Mrdominos Dad has one in the garage – he gets upset when we ask if he is off to play with his trainset.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

clunker

Slotcar love for me….

Not mine btw

aP
    Free Member

Nope, but I design train and underground stations and we make models of them.
    I like the metro/ El layout.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

As an adolescent before I discovered girls, beer and bikes, yes … still kinda hanker after one, I liked modelling more than actually playing with the locos etc …

… keep meaning to buy an airfix kit or two. Nostalgia eh?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I design train and underground stations and we make models of them

(Wants to be aP’s friend…)

aP
    Free Member

hmm… well I might be out on Sunday, and you can show me quite how much of a friend you’d like to be then 😯

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I love em – had them as a kid and currently have a little bit of stuff in boxes, ready for the day I start building a layout again! But £ is certainly an issue – think mountain biking can be pricey, model railways could be seriously bad for your bank account!

Ambrose

Just put Boy1’s stuff into storage. He’s 16 now. A hornby layout, 8×4 feet, built up over the years by generous rellies at Christmas and Birthdays.

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Just spent 6 yrs working on Thomas The Tank Engine, does that count?

joe1983
    Free Member

There is a wierd one in the family, future pedo is what we affectionately call him, into this sort of thing. Scalextrix (sp) now that is a different kettle of fish..

marsdenman
    Free Member

me dads still working on a layout in his garden – does that count – just been featured in a couple of magazines, apparently one of ’em is sending a photographer round (LOL – see the ‘Phew…’ thread) to sort out a big spread in a month or two…..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

future pedo is what we affectionately call him

Affectionately?

😯

joe1983
    Free Member

he truely is a strange one. All joking aside we suspect mild (undiagnosed) aspergers

sc-xc

I unwittingly entered the murky world of model railway enthusiasm when I built my lad a train set for Christmas a couple of years ago…

Enjoyable enough while building the thing, but how do you ‘play’ with trains? It lasted about 2 weeks before being broken up and sold 🙁

I saw some photos of the real ones that the experts build….man alive. A lot of spare time.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

All joking aside we suspect mild (undiagnosed) aspergers

Then you should be as supportive as you can. I’m sure you are. Model trains is quite an obsessive hobby, I’d reckon.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’ve got N guage – bloomin’ exspensive but it’s really well made.

Good fun.

goon
    Free Member

A lot of spare time.

When I think of all the time I’ve spent riding bicycles. I mean, twelve a hours a day some times…..

joe1983
    Free Member

True, although when the parents refuse to accept anything is out of the ordinary it is difficult to offer support. Anyway, model trains…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is that the little tiny ones, Zedsdead? I thought about that, due to limited space, then saw the prices.. 😯

A mate of mine works in ModelZone, and can get a bit of a discount, but not enough to see me splashing my cash. 🙁

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’d like one that I could wear as a hat.

aracer
    Free Member

Just spent 6 yrs working on Thomas The Tank Engine, does that count?

mini-aracer would be very impressed.

IanMunro
    Free Member

As a slight confession, although I have no interest in model railways, I am building a model steam loco. Haven’t got very far yet though.

peajay

I get to play with the ones that are in the harry potter films, and everything else that ventures on to the west highland line, fort william is best, just like a model layout, nx panel and a lever frame, great fun, especialy when it gets busy in the summer working with the steamers, freights and dmmu’s smashing!
    PJ

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I have a part built OO finescale layout a few photos showing work in progress should be finished in about 10 years no rush I have been working on it 7 years already

Zedsdead
    Free Member

That’s the ones Rudeboy. Fortunately my dad got most of my stuff for me when I was a nipper.

Very glad I kept it all as like you say, it’s very exspensive.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Nice pantsonfire – are those locos scratchbuilt or kit?

I always used to enjoy the modeling more than actually using it. I actually used to enjoy spending a few days egtting the balast down. Looks like you have a fair bit to do there 🙂

pantsonfire
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero Those photos arent up to date I dont have a working camera at the moment it suffered a beer incident and has died.

The station has been ballasted and all signals fitted with just a lot of little details remaining to be built and fitted.

The Loco is an old whitemetal kit of an ex Lancashire & Yorkshire railway 2-4-2 with a scratchbuilt chassis and scratchbuilt push-pull control gear (the extra piping and white cylinder on smokebox). It is finished, painted and running but hasnt had numbers put on.

The middle photo is a scratch built push-pull driving coach that is fully built but hasnt been painted yet.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here into Model Railways?’ is closed to new replies.