Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone heard of any plans for sram DUB replacement BB’s from Hope/ King etc etc
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has anyone heard of anything in the pipeline for replacement BB’s instead of the sram dub ones?

as it stands unless my google skillz are no good, I can only see sram official dub ones, and nowt else?

kelron
    Free Member

A steal at $200.

benpinnick

Fwiw the Sean DUB BB is in my opinion a better price of kit than I have seen from either so unless it’s the colour you want I don’t think it’s an upgrade.

andrew1905
    Free Member

Hope told me they were about to introduce a sleeve so their 30mm hubs could be used with DUB.  Not sure if it available yet.

Regards Andrew

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

otsdr – I had seen those kogel ones, but quite frankly they are a insane price! those bear ones ive not heard of before but a little more realistic thanks

benpinnick – interesting, ive had mine about 3-4 months now, it still spins ok but I kinda am waiting for it to just stop one day soon, as that’s the experience ive had with all the other sram BB’s ive owned in the past, out of interest ben how long have you been running one? have they really improved that much?

andrew – interesting on the hope front, that’s kinda what I thought they introduce a quick fix to fit really

benpinnick

@OW – mine, 7/8 months maybe. My friend Chris from Rockshox reckons he has several 1000 miles on his, and I believe him. I don’t know if you’ve looked closely at it but its got more seals than Seaworld 🙂

otsdr
    Free Member

From what I’ve read, SRAM’s DUB bottom brackets have 30mm ID bearings and some plastic shims; can’t those shims be reused on any 30mm bottom bracket (presumably at the cost of an imperfect seal with the cup)?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Benpinnick – interesting maybe worth just running it and keeping an eye on it then….sounds quite promising… I do keep spinning it every so often expecting it be seized or crunchy when spinning but at the moment it is still all good… So fingers crossed then as they are pretty darned cheap if they last a good ole while

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Recently fitted dub/XX1 to my new build and for the cost of the dub bb I was expecting it to be made from cheese (the tool to fit it cost more) but was pleasantly surprised.

Only time will tell but fingers crossed.

Poopscoop

Sorry to butt in, guessing sram make one to fit a PF92 frame?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Well, my sram dub bb lasted 10 months.

Probably less as I’ve been trying to ignore the noise for a while.

cakeandcheese

DUB bb lasted me about 1500km. Hope with adaptors has lasted similar so far, but I have had the odd squeak.

I’ll report back with ultimate findings.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

My bsa sram dub has been used weekly since January and it’s still as smooth now as new and it’s been ridden in some filth .for £26 pounds del I’ll certainly be buying another when this ever dies

boobs

Replaced mine with a hope one. Guess it will be better.

benpinnick

Oldest one I have is probably 18 months now and on the bike that gets the most use. Still no issues and smooth. Again BSA

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

It was the nds that failed on mine, noisy with quite a bit of play. There’s also some wear on the spindle from the ds bearing which looks a bit worrying.

Mines a bsa too.

sjb1973
    Big-Bud
    Free Member

Mines finally died nds only a month short of 2 years and over 2000mtb miles which for a bottom bracket is superb

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I did 6 months on a DUB bb and literally have just swapped onto a King after the SRAM one died.

I fitted a threadfit30 with the DUB adapter. Only issue I had is everywhere has sold out of threadfit30 tools so make sure you buy from a shop that has a tool.

whitestone
    Free Member

2000mtb miles which for a bottom bracket is average

FTFY 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heard of any plans for sram DUB replacement BB’s from Hope/ King etc etc’ is closed to new replies.