Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone have a Garmin Forerunner 945?
  • Tallpaul
    Free Member

So I have a nice problem to resolve…

My Garmin 645 has broken and Garmin are going to replace it by exchange. However, as this is no longer a current model, I can choose from either a 245 or (amazingly) a 945!

I really like the 645, it was a useful upgrade in features to my old 235. It looks like the 245 does everything I need. But clearly the 945 adds way more. I just wonder if the 945 is actually too busy. Anyone with one care to comment?

oikeith

I had the 920xt and recently moved to the 735xt, really like it as a watch and then a sports watch. Reading the DC Rainmaker review reads like its the 735xt with more stuff, Id go for it.

Oblongbob

Got a 935 and it’s great. Wouldn’t say it’s too busy. It’s a nice watch, reasonably discrete and sensible size, and doesn’t scream gps sports watch. You don’t need to use all the features and it’s quite simple to use. I’d say go for it.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I have a Fenix 6 Pro, which is the 945 in a more rugged (but heavier) case. I changed from a 935 late last year, and I’m surprised how many of the extra features I use (maps, music etc.).

Do it – it’s an excellent watch

morphio
    Free Member

I have the 945. Happy with it, generally just works.

Smartwatch features aren’t that strong, but I wanted a fitness watch first foremost.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I think all Garmin watches will have more functions than needed for most people the 245 is £250 cheaper than 945 surely it makes more sense to go for the model with more functions.

burko73

I’ve got a 935 which is discrete and works really well as a daily watch and sports watch. I’d go for it.

jamj1974

I have a Fenix 6x Sapphire – pretty much the same as 945 in a more burly case.

Steep learning curve for me – but you know how a lot of this works already, so won’t be an issue.  Despite learning curve – 1 week in I am getting to grips with it and I am liking it a lot. The important ‘smartwatch’ bit for me is that it links to Garmin phone app. The phone notifications I might turn off if they get too annoying.

Flaperon

Bite their hand off for the 945.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Cheers, just read the DC Rainmaker review. Didn’t realise it had proper maps – that alone makes it a no-brainer!

DougD

hmmm, interesting. Just sent you a message Tallpaul – been having issues with my 645 Music which is bloody annoying.

morphio
    Free Member

Yes, it has proper maps. Don’t expect them to move around as quickly as on an edge bike computer though, they need to worry about battery life.

It’s great for travelling though, can track running swimming or biking. And if I go out for a run it’ll play music via bluetooth to earphones, and with garmin pay I can buy something from the shop on the way back. No need to take a phone!

crapjumper
    Free Member

Tallpaul I’ve just pm’d you also

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a Garmin Forerunner 945?’ is closed to new replies.