Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone have a 4 year old?
  • RustySpanner

If we could find a way to harness the energy generated by one of these things, life would be sweet.

Small generator, battery pack and some sort of Marconist energy ray?

2 hours swimming, an hour running round a park and a walk to say goodnight to the sheep.

I’ve been to festivals that have left me feeling better than this.

Klunk
    Free Member

oops wrong thread 🙂

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Female variety, now five.  Never hyper. Her little brother is a different matter as most boys seem to be?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not till next week.

Yesterday was 90 mins gymnastics, 2 hours softplay for a party, ride to the park moaning “I’m bored” by tea time ha ha.

She’s run me ragged today, knows no chill, but brilliant.

RustySpanner

Dunno mate, 8 year old nephew is like a Jaguar taking off, all the time.

The other niece and nephew, now in their 20’s said nothing between birth and puberty.

This one is a granddaughter. She goes back tomorrow.

tomd
    Free Member

Little kids can be a bit mad. Forget battery packs, if they could just put 5% of that effort into say weeding the garden life would be easy.

I’m feeling similarly broken. Not sure about girls being less hyper than boys, our little girls is absolutely full on. Tends to be able to out do most boys at any kind of climbing, swimming, cycling and running type stuff.

aazlad
    Free Member

Yep. Male variety.

This weekend has involved two trips to specsavers to have his glasses fixed. First for a scratch to a lense as a result of a fall.  Second about three hours later from another fall (in the living room).

Two afternoons of balance biking – both involving an ice cream stop. Some gardening and then pretending to have a campfire in the chimney and roasting bread (because we didn’t have any marshmallows).

Great times but I’m knackered!

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>Mine turned 5 a couple of months ago, thankfully she has physical limitations. But then she just finds other ways to expend energy. </p><p></p><p>*still has nonsense variant of “It’s a Small World” stuck in his head from this morning*</p>

geex
    Free Member

Fun fact: A child generates around 1/2 a Kw in heat.

ajantom

Yes. They’re mad aren’t they? In a good way if course 😉

This evening before she would go to bed I had to explain, with diagrams, how clouds form. Once fully explained, she happily settled down without a peep.

Itdoes now mean I’ll spend the next 4 days being told how clouds are made. Maddy from ”’Do you know?” Has a lot to answer for.

senorj

No. I have a soonish to be 6 year old.

Batshit mental doesn’t quite cover it.

i miss when he was 4!

RustySpanner

Looking forward to that..

She’s about to get a sister, which should also be fun. For me and her grandmother anyway.

Have been asked to point out that I also have three perfectly well adjusted nieces in their 20’s.

They come from my side of the family.

ransos
    Free Member

Yep

Swimming at 8am followed by junior Park run at 9. We also managed choir and the school fair. Still, she sleeps well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a 4 year old?’ is closed to new replies.