Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone got a Cannondale Topstone gravel with the Kingpin suspension on the back?
  • hopefiendboy

Hi!

Had a go on a Cannondale Topstone Carbon 3 with the kingpin rear flex suspension…was subtle but noticeable over the cobbles and chop. Seems impressive. Has anyone had one longer term?

Cheers

kitebikeski
    Free Member

I’ve ridden my daughter’s one for the past couple of years (ssssh!). Did the Badger Divide on it last year. I think it’s a great bike, comfortable, but quick when you hit road sections.

lesgrandepotato

I like mine I’d call it compliant rather than suspension, and it didn’t save me from crashing into a river today.
    I love it tbh. Just wish I had the dollar for the lefty too

iainc

Most fun gravel bike I’ve had, and I’ve had a few. Got this one a year ago, it’s on 650 x47 tyres. The 2023 version takes 700’s.

hopefiendboy

All positive feedback! Sounds good. I was looking at the 3 2022 version with 700c and 45mm tyre clearance which only has the rear flex…not rich enough for the lefty 😅

lesgrandepotato

Good stuff, they seem to come up big. Maybe worth a test of a couple of sizes

hopefiendboy

Medium fits well 👌

dove1

My mate has one and loves it.
    I have had a couple of rides on it and the kingpin ‘suspension’ gives a nice damped feel to the rear end.

tlr

Got mine just before Christmas for the Dirty Reiver, Topstone Carbon 3. Coming from a very stiff carbon CX bike (but using the same 43mm Gravelking tyres), I am very impressed. It is noticeably better / nicer / easier to ride off-road and feels quick.

I have changed the stem to a Redshift suspension stem that seems to perfectly match the compliant feel of the rear end – should be ideal now for long-distance plodding.

Very glad I got the 2x GRX version rather than SRAM 1x, but the WTB wheels are rather portly so I changed them to some 1400 gram, Vel carbon wheels.

hopefiendboy

@tlr superb, this was what I am looking for in a gravel bike! Agreed on the need for a bit of extra cush, and have already considered the redshift stem as a possible change to achieve this, so I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the stem when you have a chance to evaluate it a bit!

Wheels-theyll have to do for now but a set of carbon lovelies like that would be the business. Will have to save up for that tho 😅

walowiz

@iainc

Most fun gravel bike I’ve had, and I’ve had a few.

That is a lovely looking bike, possibly the best gravel bike I’ve seen to date.

iainc

😁👌🙏

tlr

@hopefiendboy

Stem seems good so far – not noticeable really, in a good way. I was worried about bobbing or diving under braking.

You are welcome to come and have a look / try if you are near Sheffield.

hopefiendboy

@tlr thanks for the offer but I’m based just outside Edinburgh so a bit far 😅 thanks for the offer tho 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.