Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone got a new Nukeproof Giga frame? Had some questions!
  • lardman
    Free Member

Just ordered one which (I hope) will arrive in a couple of weeks.

Are the internal cables easy to route? As if they’re a pain, I’ll get the LBS to do it.

Is the supplied frame protecting ‘clear coat’ stuck in the right places? Sufficient? As I’m considering a wrap if not.

Any idea on QR seat post collar size?

Ta

Alex

Hi Lardman, good choice 🙂

Internal cables were pretty easy – can’t remember if there are ‘channel’s inside the frame but it defo wasn’t a massive pain. The grommets to stop the rattles are a bit undersized. My mate drilled them out a bit to fit. Only ended up putting one on dropper cable and had no rattles from any of the cables.

The routing is a bit meh tho as it comes out of the middle of the frame. Defo add more protection there as it rubs the down-tube. Also watch out for mech cable routing round the shock. Mine was rubbing the X2 can so I added more protection there.

Aside from that tho, the supplied protection kit is good. Which is defo a good thing as the paint is rubbish 😉 Mine took a battering on the Basque trip. If I’d fitted a bash guard before, I probably would have got away without any major paint loss. Also with 2.6 tyre in the back, I’ve added a bit to the inside of the chain stays.

31.6 for dropper. I ended up running a PNW 200mm as I couldn’t fit a 210.

Awesome bikes, only thing I’m not that happy with is the X2. Hence considering a coil.

Alex

Here’s one in the wild for you 🙂

Bluebell Yat Ride

Katy Curd Coaching - FoD

lardman
    Free Member

@Alex
    Thanks for the response. Good to know about the routing etc. I’ve ordered the feni. Coil frame, as I’m (clearly) a bit of a chunker and coil is always king.

Did you mean a downtube bash guard?
    I’m not overly fussed about frame chips/scratches as I I’m rider not a re-seller. But, nice to know about flaky paint job!

Nice green colour there…. I wish they did the Fenix coil in other colours too. Mines black (which is ok) but a little boring.

Alex

Chain Guard. I didn’t fit one and the ‘lug’ under the BB took a heck of a battering.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

How To Wash Your Clothes in the Wil...
Singletrack Video Archive: How To Wash Your Clothes in the Wild (Survivalist Guide)