Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone fluent in German?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve just got my Rohloff back from the factory and I’d like to know what’s written on the letter that came with it.

scotroutes

It says “Help. I am being held prisoner in the Rohloff factory. They make me maintain these hubs 20 hours a day and all I get is some pumpernickel and water“.

andylakes

google translate?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Its a printed letter, so I’ve got a scanned image of it. Don’t think google translate will work.

Edukator
    Free Member

Wir haben deine Rohlhoff Speedhub démontiert, geputzt und untersucht. Wir haben jedenfals keine fehler gefunden. Hochst versheinlich bist du ein ect scheisser Mechanicker der nichts versteht in Tecnischen Bereich. Wir emphelen dir ein Montage bein hoch qualifizierte fach Personel in unser Rohloff Werkstatt. 😉

scaredypants

Kennen sie SimonFBarnes ?

portlyone

OCR? Strip the text from the image and google translate it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Its a printed letter, so I’ve got a scanned image of it. Don’t think google translate will work.

Your scanner software will almost certainly be able to convert it into text. How long is the letter? Might be easy enough to just type in. Post the picture up!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Rohly letter by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Edukator
    Free Member

We’re sending your wheel and hub back. We’re sorry that you were deprived of your hub because of this service and wish you lots of fun with it.

We’ve tested you r hub and it’s now fault free. Further work will be carried out: checking and oil change.

stumpy01

Something like:

we’re sending you your checked wheel/sprocket and hub. We’re sorry that because of this service of the SPEEDHUB you have been separated/left without (from the hub) and we wish you unseparated fun with the hub.

We have inspected the SPEEDHUB. The hub is now in it’s proper state.
    Following work was carried out; inspection and oil change…

Bit rubbish, but it’s on the right path……!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That’ll do then. Similar to last time I had to send it back (except they sent me a letter in English). No clearer as to what t hey did, but at least it should work now, and I have an inkling as to the underlying problem, but that’s another story.

Thanks!

cranberry
    Free Member

For starters they seem unsure if you are a boy or a lady.

molgrips
    Free Member

From http://www.onlineocr.net/ via Google Translate:

Dear Customer, Dear Customer,
    We will send you enclosed with your wheel hub checked back. It nit sorry that you had to forego the SPEEDHUB for this service and hope you have fun with the undivided hub.
    We have analyzed the SPEEDHUS. The hub is now in a good condition. The following work was performed: check oil change
    regards
    Rohloff Service Team
    Avoiding empty kicks:
    To avoid self-inflicted empty kicks, please observe the rotation hmo me nt b EGRE SUPPLEMENT on the axis:
    • Threaded axle, max. Anzupmornent on the nuts 35 Nm
    • Pirloe k and skewers or other backup systems, max. 7 Nin
    • Quick release tighten normal

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hmm, what’s the “empty kicks”?

wwaswas

what’s the “empty kicks”?

best avoided.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

thanks wwaswas 🙂

I think it might be the fact I’d reported that some of the gears in the hub were slipping. I was concerned I’d sheared teeth off the sprockets. I guess that means don’t over-tighten it then.

“drehmomentbegrenzung” is torque-limiter apparently…

Edukator
    Free Member

Maximum tightening torque.

stumpy01

Yeah, the bottom bit basically says to observe these maximum torque settings:

list of settings…..

Edukator
    Free Member

My first contribution to the thread was tongue in cheek, but then many a true word is said in jest. Problems with hub gears are hardly ever the hub IME. It’s the shifters, cables, cable runs and cable adjustment that cause poor shifting and/or slipping gears.

nicko74

Anyone fluent in German?

Most German people?

molgrips
    Free Member

I like Schnellspanner for quick release 🙂

German seems to be the 10th or 11th most popular native language according to wiki, with around 1.3% of the world’s population.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’ve checked it, it’s wrong, probably some kind of joke.
    Nowhere does it say “Gott im Himmel” “Donner und Blitzen” or “Dumbkopf” which I know from reading Commando comics that all germans say all the time.

MrOvershoot

It might have something with the beans I had for lunch but I read the title as “Flatulent in German” 😳

jamj1974

Nein.

bentandbroken

I’ve checked it, it’s wrong, probably some kind of joke.
    Nowhere does it say “Gott im Himmel” “Donner und Blitzen” or “Dumbkopf” which I know from reading Commando comics that all germans say all the time.

My son has just started reading them and you have missed out;
    Aiiiiiyyyyyeeeee!!!!, Grrrrummmppphhhh!!!!!!! and Urrrghhhhhh!!!!

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Aiiiiiyyyyyeeeee!!!!

That’s Japanese isn’t it?

smogmonster

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fluent in German?’ is closed to new replies.