Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone fitted a bike bag in those parking pods at Heathrow T5?
  • gribble
    Free Member

I am off for a short weekend on the bike and was wondering if it is possible to fit a bike bag in those pod things they have at T5? The bike bag I have is one of the old Ultrabike bags (like Neil Pryde etc) that is apparently 125x80x20cm.

Looks like it may be possible – I can suck in my fat belly.

Riding the brown pow in a pod

Roadie?

Would be early, so hoping for no other passengers…

(Before anyone asks, it is as cheap to park there than anywhere else on the airport for the times I am flying and I want a quick get away).

simon_g

Should be fine, they’re pretty roomy. Space for 4 to sit plus bags, etc so if you get one to yourself there should be plenty of space.

andrewreay

Can’t see it being a problem with those dimensions.

The pod in that first link looks smaller than the T5 parking pods too, so I wouldn’t worry.

Hopefully someone who knows the parking arrangements better than me could confirm that a fall back would be getting the bus from the long(er) term car park next door if all else fails, and you end up not being able to fit it in. Might be a bit of a trek on foot but, with confirmation, could be a fall back.

garage-dweller

As above but it might be tight.

By the way on the off chance you are staying at the Thistle t5 on a park, stay and fly deal (as I was when using the pods) Google maps and my colleagues sat nav failed totally in finding the entrance so get some proper directions before you go.

garage-dweller

Too far to walk to t5 I would think. Especially with a bike bag and luggage.

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks all. I was going to take the train and meet my brother (as my wife needed the car), but combination of lack of trains and hassle getting to the local station meant it was likely to be a pain.

Would also have been a 10min walk to our local station (that is not timed with a bike bag)…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fitted a bike bag in those parking pods at Heathrow T5?’ is closed to new replies.