Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • anyone fiddle around with DIY carbon and can help cover a saddle for me please?
  • tom84
    Free Member

Hello, I remember some pretty interesting homemade carbon frames being made on here and I wondered if any of those involved or others could help a total novice re-do a saddle for me please?

I have an old ti railed sdg which I have taken the cover and the rotten and heavy foam off of and wondered about re-covering it with a layer of carbon over a bit of something to give it some shape?

I have access to an OK workshop but not great skills and would need to buy the sheet of carbon and bond to do this and have no idea where to get it, especially in small quantities.

bigyan
    Free Member

Carbon Mods/Easy Composites do DIY starter kits;

http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/#!/starter-kits/carbon-fibre-skinning-starter-kit.html

Practice on something else to get a feel for it.

thepurist

Got any spoons?

richmars

Not sure exactly what you’re planning, but if I was doing it, I’d use the old saddle to make a mould (in glass fibre). This way you’ll get a good surface finish on the actual part (and you can go into production!). You’ll need to think about how the saddle part will be fitted to the bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘anyone fiddle around with DIY carbon and can help cover a saddle for me please?’ is closed to new replies.