Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone ever used car shampoo
  • andrewh
    Free Member

when you’ve run out of laundry detergent?

Any good?

nickdavies

No, but I can attest to it not being good for your machine having watched the result of running out of detergent and assuming hand wash does the same thing. Also, hand wash in a hot tub. Was very funny at the time.

wwaswas

Any good?

It’ll be fine.

Also, please video the machine during the wash cycle.

rone

As long as it’s not the junk with wax in it you’ll be fine.

nedrapier

I thought this was going to be about using the “junk” with the wax in for mtbs with fancy but fading paint jobs.

Anyone done that, while we’re all here?

johndoh
    Free Member

Nick Beggs from Kajagoogoo used to wash his hair with Daz. Not sure that answers your question though.

Rubber_Buccaneer

It’ll lather nicely.  As above, please video.

daern
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about using the “junk” with the wax in for mtbs with fancy but fading paint jobs.

Anyone done that, while we’re all here?

I’ve got a big tub of that triplewax car shampoo stuff in the utility cupboard that gets used for both the bikes (at least weekly) and cars (errr, annually probably!)

Does that count?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pwleeeezeee video it 👍🤠

IHN

I’ve used a laundry detergent tab in the dishwasher by accident. Foamed a bit, but everything was clean 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

i heard that if you do use the stuff with wax in, it will make all your clothes waterproof

andrewh
    Free Member

The fact that you guys all want a video of it is putting me off attempting it… But also quite tempted to take the washing machine outside, just in case, and rig it up with an extension lead and hosepipe and see what happens.

It’s some sort of Turtlewax thing, white bottle, green liquid, lable fell off yonks ago so no idea if it’s got wax or anythinh like that. It is just for bikes really, van gets wshed even less frequently than daern’s car! Did the van this summer, which I think may have been it’s first wash since 2014 but I can’t be sure. may have been 2013. It does get a blast underneath with the dirtworker now and again though, trying to keep some salt out at least. It gets oil changes about five times as often as washes!

Why are the queues at car washes always full of clean cars that really don’t need washed?

garage-dweller

Turtle Wax – clue in the name I reckon.

Car shampoo (Halfords advanced in particular) is my go to tubeless seating soap.

Washing machine I wouldn’t.

PrinceJohn

The fact that you guys all want a video of it is putting me off attempting it… But also quite tempted to take the washing machine outside, just in case, and rig it up with an extension lead and hosepipe and see what happens.

Please do this.

jamesoz

I can tell you that washing up liquid in a dishwasher is a very bad idea. The excess of foamy bubbles causes the pump to trip out requiring reseting via a well hidden button (on the machine ‘a friend owned’).

I imagine a washing machine would be similar.

I can also say adding cooking oil helps get rid of the masses of bubbles so the pump will work again.

Cougar

I’ve never bought car shampoo as I’ve never owned a hairy car.

wwaswas

I’ve never owned a hairy car.

My Opel Manta was very hairy on wet roads.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever used car shampoo’ is closed to new replies.