Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone ever done a 'cool' family tree?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Little ‘un is doing a project a school about history and families blah blah and I though I’d do her a family tree.

I was trying to think of a nicer way of displaying it rather than the usual way, so I was thinking of maybe trying to do a ‘London Underground’ style one (fairly handy with Photoshop).

Anyone else seen/got any cool/trendy/stylised/interesting ways of showing the tree? Not looking for 500+ years of descendant or owt like that so I can take a few liberties with lineage etc.

Pieface

My brother has done our immediate family on his thigh by hand as a tattoo in a hawaiian inspired kind of wavey thing.

Doesn’t make any sense to me but starts from my grand-parents and includes my daughter and her cousins.

maccruiskeen

Quite handsome looking but only deals with direct ancestors – no branches for uncles and cousins just parents and grandparent

bit of a challenge to name all 256 or your kids great great great great great grandparents though

EDIT you could reverse it though – put all the known siblings and cousins in the outer ring tracking back to one ancestor in the middle

miketually
    Free Member

I was thinking of maybe trying to do a ‘London Underground’ style one

Are you from Norfolk? My family tree’s not quite as interconnected as the Tube 🙂

One in the style of the Hillis plot tree of life would be cool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever done a 'cool' family tree?’ is closed to new replies.