Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone else waiting on their Stanton to arrive?
  • haggis1978

Ordered mine at the end of September only to find out after that there was a 6-8 week wait. Very close to 11 weeks now ☹️

walleater

I know someone who has one and it took much longer than planned to arrive. It did arrive though unlike Sick! so I don’t think there’s any concern there.

sheck

Been there…

Do (unlike me) prepare to wait a day or 2 extra to fit an Invisiframe kit to protect that beautiful sparkly paint!

dpfr

I’ve been waiting a good bit longer than 11 weeks but I think we are near the end now. They seem to have made a lot of changes to the business over the last year or so, expanding their UK manufacturing and so on, and I suspect they’ve found it hard to manage all that. I’ve found them very professional to deal with and they have been very good at letting me know what’s going on.

Kamakazie

They are no where close to 6 weeks lead from what I’ve heard or experienced and I thought they were quoting 10wks or so more recently?!

Mine took 20wks after a variety of issues but it got sorted in the end and it’s a seriously nice bit of kit and well worth the wait.

plus-one

I think as we are so used to ordering stuff and having it almost immediately has made us impatient 🙁 I love the look of stanton’s and from what I’ve heard well worth the wait 🙂

dakuan
    Free Member

A pal waited 4 months then gave up. The communication was not great apparently. Credit to them, when he asked for his money back they did it straight away without a fuss.

Weedling
    Free Member

Thanks for this info, I am also waiting and until I saw this I was naively expecting it to show up any time now. I was told a 7-8 week wait should be fine but I’ve had no updates on build progress or any indication of when it’ll be done.

I don’t mind waiting, but it would be nice to be kept in the loop…..

StirlingCrispin

There’s a frame lead and a complete build lead

I bought a complete Sherpa in May and found the delay frustrating but they were helpful via Facebook. Then after a wait, everything moved quite quickly.

Excellent bikes though so hang in there,

timmys

Noticed this on their Facebook page which might be relevant to those who’ve struggled to communicate with them recently;

“From mid November to end of December different members of our small team experienced bereavement of close relatives, hospitalisation of children, and severe health scares of loved ones and to top this off the general illnesses associated with winter. This has obviously affected our capacity and productivity towards the end of the year. We broke for Christmas on the 20th of Dec, I personally worked through a good portion of emails on Christmas break and the first day back for the full team after burials and January doctors appointments was Tuesday 7th January. We’ve also discovered that not all emails are getting through due to a server issue. If you’ve found this please contact via facebook messenger or Instagram DM and we’ll reply within 48 hours.

Switch9er Steel frame production has started with the first 20 in process. We aim to have the entire 60+ frames finished by the end of February with product starting to leave the unit by end of January.
    We’re personally sorry if these problems and issues have resulted in stress for you guys, rest assured we’re back stronger for 2020 and have some big things on the way!

Thank-you for your trust and patience,
    Team Stanton”

jamj1974

Simply the best hard rail I have ever ridden.  So, definitely worth the wait!

bungalistic
    Free Member

Since i’m in the market for a change I might also order one of these and it’s good to know that the lead times might be a bit longer so patience is in order. Anyone got any nice pics of their builds for inspiration?

MoreCashThanDash

Not far up the road from me. Quite tempted by the idea of a refurb’d trade in frame

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

ordered one in Aug with 8 week lead time and chased it up mid October. They couldn’t give me a new date and were very vague saying that it could possibly be another 2- 4 weeks before they start.

I cancelled at went elsewhere.

Hope they get things sorted out with family losses, mails, sickness, material deliveries etc

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else waiting on their Stanton to arrive?’ is closed to new replies.