Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone else waiting for a new VW Transporter?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Ordered a new T5 Kombi 140 on the 6th of March and still don’t have a build week.

So that’s 11 weeks and they still can’t confirm when I may get it. Holiday booked for August and am starting to think it may not be here in time.

VW Bristol sales are being particularly rubbish (not returning calls etc) considering how much it’s costing.

grrr.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’d call VW customer services on 0800 0833 920 and have a word. They might be able to tell whats up. Maybe mention how shit VW Bristol are being.

Leku
    Free Member

Just being given a build week of 18th June. They are quoting 4 week to build it and get it to Bristol.

Does that sound right?

toppers3933
    Free Member

sounds about the same as when i ordered my golf. it takes about 20mins to build then it sits in various transfer yards throughout europe for the majority of the rest of the time. enjoy it when it arrives. im after a standard swb t5 van at the moment but i know my local garage has them in stock so hopefully this wont happen to me.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

4 weeks build to dealer is about right. Fair proportion of that is transport to the uk.

Not sure what’s going on with VW at the moment – their (not so much anymore) ‘new’ pick-up, the Amarok is being drip fed to the extent that s/h ones are going for more than list price.

Cynical folk reckon VW do it to keep prices high – let’s face it, VW’s are over-priced to start with.

Oh and good luck with the holiday – I’d say no chance. They are quoting 18th June + 4 weeks – you can guarantee there will be a delay on top of that.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

VW are currently rubbish on build times –

Ordered a Passat Estate Sport in Jan and I am still waiting delivery at the moment. Have been told it is built and on the way to the UK, should be here first week in June. However I was told at order it would be ready in March, then it moved to April, then May…

Had I know this I would have gone for the XC60 I was tempted by, couple of work mates have got there’s already. Crap

thomthumb
    Free Member

‘new’ pick-up, the Amarok is being drip fed to the extent that s/h ones are going for more than list price.

that’s quite common with desirable cars; i know a guy who treats new cars like the stock market and invests; he puts in very early orders, often first delivery to the uk; drives them for 6 months & sells on for reasonable profit.

Northwind

Chap I used to work with put in an early order for a TT, waited 4 months, it arrived, drove it to work, it caught fire and burned to the ground, VAG said “Sorry about that, we’ll get you another one. Er, 4 months waiting list.” How he laughed.

Leku
    Free Member

Cancelled the order this afternoon. Really pissed off.

Was wondering if it was anything to do with that resin factory burning down in Germany? Seeming it took out 1/2 the worlds supply of a resin used in (most) car brakes?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else waiting for a new VW Transporter?’ is closed to new replies.