• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone else the only male in the family?
  • the-muffin-man

Due to family break-ups, divorces, arguments I’m the only grown-up male in the family. Got my dad – but he’s 85 and not really with it. And a 14yr old nephew!

Doesn’t normally bother me – just times like today you fancy slopping off to the pup for a few hours to talk bollocks and have no one to go with.

We do have other friends of course, but all busy today.

I have a new bottle of whisky to go at! 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Yep, my dad, step dad and brother were all inconsiderate enough to die, just me for Xmas with mil sil mrs anagallis and anagallis junior. Di go for bike ride to pub though!

TiRed

Even the dog was female when I was growing up!

136stu
    Free Member

Get used to it, human males will soon be redundant, then extinct.

toemul
    Free Member

Erm if no brother in laws maybe you could offer to finger the sister in law (Louise)?

jag61

More or less just me today though have mrs G our 3daughters 2grandaughters plus step GDtr just been on phone to my female cousin and her 3 daughters her brother has 4 girls 1 son my mum was one of 3 girls 2 cats both females I have my uses to catch and get rid of moths daddy long legs and butterflies oh and to keep them in the luxury they all demand , we are finished brothers expect future males to be harvested of their seed and dispatched soon after

ton

never met my dad (who turned out not to be. )
    never met my grandad.
    grew up with no body to look up to, or to aspire to be like.

my first child was my son. who is awesome.

Drac

Only one on our house and when at/with the in-laws. Can’t say I mind.

Cougar

My family is basically me and my mum, and my girlfriend. So yes.

My dad passed away a couple of years ago. My maternal granddad died before I was born, and the one and only time I met my dad’s dad was a chance meeting in a pub one time where my dad went “do you know who this is?” No siblings of note unless you count a half-brother and -sister who both sodded off years ago from my dad’s notion of parenting, I’ve not seen or heard from them since I was maybe 5.

kayak23

Get used to it, human males will soon be redundant, then extinct.

Who’ll put up all the shelves?

stevied
    Free Member

Me, wife, our 2 daughters, mother, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, her 2 daughters and Bob…
    Bob isn’t much use for anything unfortunately.

Philby

Yep – but I am in a family of one.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Me, mum, wife and my two girls here, been a lovely day.

136stu
    Free Member

Who’ll put up all the shelves?

Worker Droids

Loughan
    Free Member

Yes, that’s why instead of buying nerf & scalextrix for a son I have to gift them to myself on Christmas day as ladies think a jumper is much more the thing

duncancallum

Sort of.

Miss my old man more at this time of year even though its been 25 years.

Sort of silly really

feed

No brothers, dad passed away 2 yrs ago, mother passed away 2 months ago. 2 great sisters, a great wife and a brilliant (13 yo) daughter. 2 great sisters in law and 2 great brothers in law. As I type this I once again give thanks to whoever for how lucky I am and feel. Can’t think of anything in particular I’ve done to deserve it. Thank the fates I guess.

feed

Even the dog was female when I was growing up!

Of course, technically, ,all dogs are male, like the way all cows are female.

Dickyboy

Was me plus my three boys for 17years, now they’ve moved on & they’ve been swapped for wife and two step daughters – life is somewhat different 😜

breadcrumb

50:50 split in the family home, the wife, daughter, son and myself. I was convinced the second child was going to be a girl and I was destined to be outnumbered!

Growing up I was the only boy cousin out of 9 total.

ransos
    Free Member

Doesn’t normally bother me – just times like today you fancy slopping off to the pup for a few hours to talk bollocks and have no one to go with.

This is 2019 calling: it’s ok to go to the pub with a woman.

vickypea
    Free Member

What Ransos said! I’ve done 3 mtb rides and been to the pub so far this Christmas and have more planned!

Drac

Eh?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else the only male in the family?’ is closed to new replies.