Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone else having problems with the forum lagging?
  • butcher

I know these topics pop up from time to time about the ads. I’ve never really had any major issues in the past, but now on a fairly fresh install of Windows 10 I’m having some serious issues…

When typing posts I’m getting some mega lag. To the point where I can’t actually type any more and the page eventually crashes, and I lose anything I’ve written. I’ve given up on a good few posts.

Doesn’t happen all the time though. This post is fine… This happening to anyone else, or is it just me?

weeksy

Not since i paid my £1.99 or whatever it is per month

stumpy01

Happens constantly on my work computer with Internet Explorer something or another…..

lags, can’t use normal copy/paste tools for quoting, the formatting boxes (B/I/U/S etc….) don’t appear, can’t type stuff or typing goes mega slow to the point I give up.

Don’t notice it at home or on my tablet. And it will work fine for a while & then just completely have a hissy fit.

maccruiskeen

I had an issue this morning – an ad trying to forward out of the forum page and crashing flash in the process.

I forget which ad its was now – one of the more main stream ones thats probably badly authored though rather than a properly rogue one

Turning off Flash or having a browser extension to control Flash (or using whatever the Windows equivalent of Activity Monitor to quit flash when its misbehaving ) helps

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes, for weeks if not months now.

I’ve got a ‘P’ so it’s not the ads.

We’re on 300meg fibre, so it’s not that.

maccruiskeen

can’t use normal copy/paste tools for quoting, the formatting boxes (B/I/U/S etc….) don’t appear, can’t type stuff or typing goes mega slow to the point I give up.

Those bits load last on the page so when they don’t appear it means some script in an advert is failing or taking too long to load and the rest of the page has to wait as a result

dragon
    Free Member

Yes for a good few weeks now, crashes flash as well. Whole site is complete garbage at present.

andytherocketeer

Only lag I have is on Android (ie without a “you know what” 😉 ) waiting for the login link to be rendered so I can click (tap?) it. I swear it’s the last thing to appear on the page.

Lag whilst typing sounds like a dodgy Flash thing eating up all the CPU.

I keep flash disabled and that might even be the default on some browsers now. Didn’t need a browser extension… just found it in the options (at least on Firefox and Chrome).

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

work connection here, permanently freezes and get the Aw snap page in chrome then have to kill pages and start again.

frankly it makes the forum unusable. no other site does this. Ever.

Cougar

Only lag I have is on Android (ie without a “you know what” ) waiting for the login link to be rendered so I can click (tap?) it. I swear it’s the last thing to appear on the page.

Bookmark http://singletrackworld.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=forum/ as your landing page. It’ll take you to the forum front page if logged in and to an ad-free login page if you’re not.

tjagain

no issues at all here

Mark

There’s a watch ad in the top right ad position that is currently causing the page to creak. It’s a flash ad and I’m waiting for the network responsible to kill it.

Hopefully not long to wait.
    Sorry for the glitch.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep also the same.

hammyuk
    Free Member

It’s been like this for ages though Mark – it’s not just that one ad.
    Same as when it constantly logs people out. Please don’t say it’s just me and/or the odd other because it isn’t. Everyone knows it isn’t.
    The log in box being the VERY LAST thing on the page to render seems awfully coincidental…..
    Same with redirects on mobile.
    As for why there is no mobile version either…..

prawny

Yeah been really bad this week, worse than normal.I’m on a work desktop with Chrome. Still fine on my iphone though.

igm

Yes. Half the EU thread is still stuck in the 1950s. 😉

Beagleboy

I’m on here most days and haven’t noticed any problems at work or home. Currently, I’m in the top floor office of our lab, in Scotland to boot, so the internet has to flow all the way up here before I see it. Yet the site always seems to work fine for me.;-)

StuF

I get it as well, using chrome on win 7.

If you run fiddler – something is posting ALOT of http requests – approx 3500 in the time i’ve take to type this

butcher

It’s been like this for ages though Mark – it’s not just that one ad

Yeah. I’ve not be on here loads, but I’ve definitely been having this same problem for a good few weeks now.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else having problems with the forum lagging?’ is closed to new replies.