Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone know where this is in Poynton?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Where Josh Bryceland trained? It’s not far from me. I’d like to give it a go…

Garry_Lager

It’s Lyme park

slowoldman

Have the NT seen this?

crazy-legs

Bits and pieces of places, it’s been edited. Bit of it is in Lyme Park. Some of it is in Goyt Valley where Josh built a couple of trails whcih Forestry Commission promptly took down again (you can find them on Strava if you know where to look…) but they’re still ridden very much on the quiet.

I’m fairly sure that a small section of it is actually in Hayfield – if it isn’t it looks very similar.

carlos
    Free Member

Stypersons near Pott Shrigley for the woody stuff maybe, or maybe the same place as the other stuff with the building on the hill which is quite sensitive, ran by the NT and very cheeky. Only ever walked round there tbh but lots of stuff looks good for a giggle here and there, as always, it’s about linking it up and riding it at the right time.

Hth

Carlos

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Whereabouts in Lyme park? I’ve only done easy to west gate.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Lyme, Hayfield, poynton and Goyt. I basically live on the Goyt valley. Need to do some mooching to find these.

crazy-legs

Realistically, no-one is going to point this kind of stuff out for you! Lyme Park is very anti-cycling at the best of times (except when being paid large sums of money by the organisers of the Cheshire Cobbled Classic to allow their Sportive to start from there…)

Explore on foot – you’ll soon find the signs of bike use, work out the routes and then you can get in, ride it and get out before you’re noticed. Trying to explore it on a bike in the first place will lead to you riding round in circles, getting lost, pushing up hills and being spotted by the rangers…

You might find some “assistance” on Strava if you run a segment search. Maybe…

Garry_Lager

Looks like bowstone gate down to, then in, Lantern wood first bit.

As said, no riding permitted in Lyme other than the main EW track, so don’t go tearing it up on on a Sat afternoon.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

The other day I rode down Middlewood way to poynton station, off there and round to Lyme. Am I anywhere near where you’ve said?

carlos
    Free Member

No, that’s at the very bottom of the hill, you need to head up hill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know where this is in Poynton?’ is closed to new replies.