Anyone else expecting a different Jeffsy in 2019?

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Anyone else expecting a different Jeffsy in 2019?
  • Blackflag

The 2018 isnt that long out yet there is 10% off adds everywhere i look. Do we think they are already planning for a more substantial change (LLS Geo) for 2019? I’m interested cos thats when my better half is allowing me to buy a new bike!

No idea.

But possible that the 2018 YT drivetrain keeps bikers from buying?

2019 “same” frame but other drivetrain?

Premier Icon ebennett
    Subscriber

But possible that the 2018 YT drivetrain keeps bikers from buying?

That’s probably the factor that’s making me lean towards the Spectral at the moment, if they change it next year it might be a harder decision!

Blackflag

Yeah, i think the eagle omission was a bit of an own goal. im sure theres nowt wrong with whats there now but buyer expectations and all that.

Premier Icon ebennett
    Subscriber

I think with the new XTR 12 speed as well people will hold off to see if it makes an appearance next year.

ogden

Eagle upgrade kit from bike discount de is £228, buy that and flip the stock drive train, that’s what I’ve done on my Capra.

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber

What’s wrong with the 2018 drivetrain for those out of the loop?

therag

I have the original jeffsy, the e13 kit stopped me from buying the current one. I much preferred the sram, fox and carbon dt Swiss package.

Premier Icon stevie750
    Subscriber

What’s wrong with the 2018 drivetrain for those out of the loop?

I am thinking about a jeffsy , what is wrong with the current drivetrain?

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber

I’d seen the e13 kit and drive train on the Jeffsy, wouldn’t stop me from buying one. I think the e13 is not compatible with SRAM, and does that put people off?

I’am personally a fan of 2×10 Deore 24T+34T / 11…42 but would like the 1×11 Jeffsy solution as well I guess.

Jeffsy is using a mix of e*thirteen, Race Face stuff and Shimano rear mech. Nothing really wrong with it and I guess also “low maintenance”. But it’s an “mix” and 1×12 the direction the market moves.

YT was a bit “brave” with the Jeffsy drivetrain “mix”. Maybe too brave? Personally like when “small” companies like e*thirteen move into the market of established players like SRAM and Shimano.

Premier Icon ebennett
    Subscriber

From my perspective, it’s the 1×11 vs 1×12 on the Canyon Spectral – feels to me like 1×12 is going to be the new standard given the reviews for Eagle and the new XTR 12 speed. Nothing wrong with most of the E13 components, though I’ve no experience of their tyres and would probably want to change those out for Maxxis.

Though now I’ve looked at it again I’m swithering, it is a lot cheaper than the Canyon…

Blackflag

Nothing wrong with the Jeffsy drivetrain at all. Its just not 1 x 12 which is what a lot of their competitors are offering.

tombstoner

Jeffsys are 25% off on the yt site now. Nothing wrong with the e13 drivetrain. What a crazy deal these bikes are now.

I’d looked at these and even with money off I’d not want an 11 speed cassette that would cost me 250 to replace

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

How do these generally measure up…?

I’ve a mate who is 5’ 9” and he has ordered a medium Jeffsy 27 as this was recommended up to 5’ 10”.  I have noticed the large recommendation starts at 5’ 9’…

Should he change his order…?

The 29er is two  and half years old now,so could be due a revamp  soon.Not sure if it needs one but they may make a  burlier version looking at latest Capras.

I test rode a medium 27.5 jeffsy  one and it was too long for  my liking at 5’7″,I didn’t like it at all in comparison to my medium 2014 Capra.It’s personal though we are all different proportions.

People worried about the e13 cassettes could replace them with £80 SRAM 11 speeds as I think the e13 uses same XD driver when they wear out .That’s if you don’t need the extra bit of range.

mark90

I test rode a medium 27.5 jeffsy  one and it was too long for  my liking at 5’7″,I didn’t like it at all in comparison to my medium 2014 <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>Capra.It’s</span>personal though we are all different proportions

Very much personal preference . I’m also 5’7″ and have test rode 27.5 and 29 Jeffsy’s and the old Capra all in medium. The 27.5 Jeffsy was the only one that fitted. The others felt too short in reach and the seat tube was boarderline too long for a decent dropper.

I guess we are 2 very different 5’7″s ,I can run a 170mm reverb in the 450 seat tube of my Medium Capra.I’m the polar opposite of low and long,I’m high and short .I guess that’s why when I test rode the 29er Jeffsy it felt pretty good for fit for me being a higher and shorter bike.

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

Thanks for the size info.  Much appreciated.

Longer and lower by the look of it.

Yt Jeffsy 2019

The YT Jeffsy 2019 video teaser is soooooooooooo silly!
    I like the bikes but think their advertisement is an overkill and simply stupid.

An old fart talking about the Jeffsy as “the best friend”?
    Nuts?

Premier Icon coomber
    Subscriber

Loved the video, Christopher Walken!

Excited to see what the new geometry will be like.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Bonkers. Wonder what that cost compared to the normal high-class shredit.

An old fart talking about the Jeffsy as “the best friend”?

You need to stop posting on MTB websites and watch a few more films sunshine.

Premier Icon lawman91
    Subscriber

The fact their marketing videos have been so silly is just brilliant marketing though! They’re just so out there they stick in your mind and get you talking, I bet you’d struggle to remember anything about a video from any other brands, yet most probably still remember the original jeffsy marketing campaign

ta11pau1

Back to regular GX eagle too, not the mishmash of 11 speed stuff on the 2018 bikes.

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

Like the look of that.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Ignoring the Walken for a moment, it does look tasty – but have they stuck with their traditional too-long seatposts? That mast looks long enough to run a flag up.

scruff

Room for a proper bottle?

Looks like they have lowered toptube and pivots so seat tube should be lower than before. Also looks like room left for a water bottle under shock where it appears in other pics to have a mounting plate or maybe access for storage there too.

Premier Icon davosaurusrex
    Subscriber

No wonder they couldn’t afford to hang onto Gwinn

Blackflag

Since starting this thread 6 months ago i picked up a Hightower in the Stif sales so no longer in the market for the Jeffsey.

But i have to say, that is a cracking advert. Far better than the usual footage of some rider, far better than me (who could make a Raleigh Grifter look rad in the woods) shredding it up and manualing and whipping everywhere.

Premier Icon coomber
    Subscriber

Wowsers.. the new geometry looks spot on. Even if it might make me a giant. 460 seattube and 485 reach in xl but now a 505 reach, 485 seattube XXL which looks ideal for me.

£2099 starting price, seriously tempting. Bet they sell out fast.

2019 YT Jeffsy Range Revealed!

Premier Icon coomber
    Subscriber

So looks like the alloy version of the 29er is still 2018s version, decent geometry only for carbon for now. Annoying!

Probably going to buy one, colours are awful though…

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Bit shit about the alloy one.

New geometry looks good, could have done with the longer stays on the large and medium too IMO.

Prefer my own full-sus 29er, but it does look a bloody good trail bike.

ta11pau1

The CF Pro race is a nice spec for the money, £4866 delivered, and that 485mm seattube on the XXL with 502mm reach :O

At 6ft 3in I’d probably be able to run a 200mm dropper post if they existed!!

Still, it’s a little too much money for me when compared with the cube stereo 140, the XL jeffsy has very very similar geo but is £1366 more before any discounts.

Looks great in the grey though

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.