Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone else being sob-story spammed in the PMs?
  • martinhutch

Anyone else received a series of bizarre messages on the site relating to Zavvi, a missing nerf gun, and vague threats of personal retribution? Or is it just me?

stevextc
    Free Member

Sadly just you …. I’m sure that would spice up my boring existence 😉

damascus
    Free Member

Cut and paste the messages, share the wealth.

martinhutch

As a gentleman, I wanted to make sure that it wasn’t just a case of mistaken identity. The nerf gun thief may still be among us.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Does this relate to the Santa in a US ‘Mall’ who told a young lad that he wasn’t doing nerf guns this year, so the NRA (who else?) stepped in to ‘save the day’?
    Or something…
    It’s caused a load of hatred on Twatter

martinhutch

No, this is straight-up consumer anger and a tale of damaged packaging and ruined Christmases, complete with threats to ‘take it futher’ (sic)

finbar
    Free Member

Yes! Last night i got one from someone claiming to be a meth addict, asking where they could score.

I can’t post it up I’m afraid as I deleted it – reflex action when I get anything dodgy looking.

In a weird role-reversal for this sort of thing, the grammer and sentence structure was actually a bit too good for it to be plausible 😀

footflaps

Yes! Last night i got one from someone claiming to be a meth addict, asking where they could score.

Sorry about that, another forum member had mentioned you were in the know….

tall_martin

Does this relate to the Santa in a US ‘Mall’ who told a young lad that he wasn’t doing nerf guns this year, so the NRA (who else?) stepped in to ‘save the day’?
    Or something…

I drove past the NRA headquarters while I was in the states a few years back.

There is a museum in the basement that is unsurprising full of guns.

The building looks like a bond villan lair.clearly the look they were going for!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else being sob-story spammed in the PMs?’ is closed to new replies.