Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone driven North -> London via the M1 recently?
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

Are there some major works at the moment?

If I drive it tonight, combined with the bank holiday traffic, will it take an age?

Better to go A1?

theflatboy
    Free Member

depends how far north, but the only major works when i drove it recently were the 15 miles of 50mph up near meadow hall, by the chimneys that got taken down. it's a right pain in the arse. other than that, nothing particularly to report that i recall.

i prefer the m1 to the a1 for that drive, though i know others disagree.

uplink
    Free Member

Has all that 17 miles or so gone from Nottingham now then?

Anyway – it'll be hell whether you're on the A1 or the M1

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Ha! Thankfully I'm co-pilot tonight (or if I'm really lucky in the back) so I might be able to sleep through it.

Going from Sheffield so we'll be joining south of the Meadowhell works

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

My girlfriend did it day before yesterday and said all was fine until she hit the M25. That was due to an accident though. It'll be no worse than usual on a Friday on a Bank Holiday weekend…good luck!

Pook

Sam – hello. You may know me, you may also remember most of my clients are london based…. 🙄

anyway

hold ups….

Nottingham 50 mile limit from Derby turn off to j26. Not worth a detour to go round.

Milton keynes – some bridge works. No major hold up.

Depending on when you set off you'll be fine. Go via Chesvegas to avoid the Parkway snarl ups.

davey99
    Free Member

J26 and up 50mph extra lane work is still in progress, but still seems to move along ok.
    D.

uplink
    Free Member

Going from Sheffield so we'll be joining south of the Meadowhell works

so you're going South not North?

http://www.trafficengland.co.uk/map.aspx?isTrafficAlert=true&lat=53.084858&lon=-1.299751

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Hi Chris!

Setting off about 6.30 – 7. ALWAYS through Ches Vegas if you're going South, Parkway is for Northernness (or going to work 🙁 )

Yeah going South, my little arrow probably wasn't the best way to phrase that 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone driven North -> London via the M1 recently?’ is closed to new replies.