Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone cycled from Palma Airport to Puerto Pollensa?
  • LardLover
    Free Member

Off to Majorca in April for a road cycling holiday. I was going to hire a bike whilst there but there’s only a time trial bike left at Pro Cycle Hire in Puerto Pollensa. So, thought I might just take my road bike and cycle from the airport. We only have a small hire car so it won’t fit the car (with 4 burly blokes).

Anyone done it? Is there anywhere at the airport where I could leave a bike box?

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Did it once and it was a nice easy day. Stopped half way for lunch. Quite flat from what I recall, but it was twenty years ago and I was a lot fitter and thinner back then!!

LardLover
    Free Member

Found another cycle hire place but they only hire for a week, we’re only there for 4 full days. Don’t really want to pay for weeks hire, I’d rather spend the cash booking my bike on the plane. If I cycle from the airport I can get an extra decent ride in (light permitting – we land late afternoon)

Mackem

One person could drive back for you and the bike.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Get the resort hopper bus. Pretty cheap.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I’ve thought about it before but bus was better as we were on a later flight to.

LardLover
    Free Member

s’ok, Bruce from Pro Cycle Hire in Puerto Pollensa has just emailed me and told me he’s got a Van Nic in my size.

Happy Days!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

You will be more than happy with a bike from Bruce and his team. I’m pretty sure he’ll deliver anywhere on the island for a sensible sum and the bikes are really well sorted. I’ve used him the last few times I’ve been over there and been very pleased. You’ll enjoy the riding around PP too and if you did fancy a ride from Palma, then it’s a fairly easy spin down the plain (or you could take the mountain road and make a day of it!) 🙂

LardLover
    Free Member

I’ve hired from them before so more than happy with the service they give. I didn’t really want to use anyone else, was just getting a little worried when all they were showing as having available was a TT bike.

Only hope he comes up trumps for my mate now who also hasn’t arranged a bike!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone cycled from Palma Airport to Puerto Pollensa?’ is closed to new replies.