Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anybody using newer Karrimor clothing?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Spotted a couple of Karrimor jackets on Field and Trek website, a softshell jacket and an eVent waterproof. They are very cheap, a pessimist would say too cheap to be any good and it seems that newer stuff doesn’t have the good rep of old. I have a Karrimor jacket that is nearly ten years old and has done very well but just wondering about the new stuff.

jota180
    Free Member

it’s all owned by SportsDirect these days so I suspect there’s not a lot of r&d goes on
    I have a couple of cheap shirts and they’re ok mind

RustySpanner

The boots are still good, the down jackets are ok but not a patch on the Alpkit ones.

Tried a softshell, better than Regatta, not as good as the pricier stuff.

Decathlon are very good for value outdoor clothing, not had a duff purchase from them yet.

antigee

had the event jackets in local Sportsdirect last week £100 i think had field and trek labels on them (again owned by sports direct) – looked a nice product with good finishing if hadn’t just bought a jacket a couple of weeks ago prob would have bought one – still tempted to stash one in cupboard

not bombproof for years i’d guess like the old Karrimor but finding event jackets at all is pretty hard – in terms of stuff like zips some of the other karrimor stuff i’ve picked up is on the OK to better than average life

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anybody using newer Karrimor clothing?’ is closed to new replies.