Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anybody ride up porter clough last night?
  • Pook

seemed there were a few out enjoying the sun!

Met a big group at the top of the climb, surprised a bunch of kids in their dad’s rover 25….

racing_ralph
    Free Member

why is porter clough now THE porter clough?

Pook

I’m sorry, what on earth are you talking about?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Prtr clough is that not “The porter clough” – being pedaantic yes but it irritates the shit out of m when people call things by the wrong name or they use “the” in the wrong place – its a brummie way of speaking!

Pook

but still, pour quoi? I haven’t used it. Perhaps you’re going slighly mad.

😉

matt_outandabout

eh? You want to be pedantic Rob, use some capitals!

No, we went out Rivelin for some rather good fun – only a couple of other riders, makes a change from the busyness that is Porter Clough / Houndkirk / Blacka.

I have noticed though, that Blacka area is quieter. Do lots of people do an ‘out and back’ to the Fox House?

Pook

Me and ourkidsam were contemplating it last night but didn’t make it over as his crank kept dropping off!
    I’ve out and backed the Fox House a couple of times – sometime just can’t be doing with the road climb up from the bottom of Blacka to the Norfolk Arms. Any suggestions?

matt_outandabout

Yes – drop though Dore, then either right through Ecclesall Woods, over railway onto fun (where the big jumps are) and then rag back down Abbeydale road / some silly urban stuff with steps etc (my usual way as its my side of town)
    or, head up Limb Lane (Dore to Hathersage Road) and pick up the Bridleway up and over Coit Lane and then some cheeky or bridleway back through Whitely Woods into Forge Dam / Hanging waters.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what a lame edit

barca
    Free Member

We were going to ride across The Porter Clough yesterday but decided to ride The Stanage Edge and then The Yorkshire Bridge and then The Hope Cross and then The Jaggers Clough.

Pook

Barca, you’ve spelled “Stanage” incorrectly.

barca
    Free Member

Bugger! The Pedant Police are going to get me now 🙂

Pook

The Pedant Police is a one man band I think.

It’s the Pedant Policeman.

barca
    Free Member

Sorry RR, just teasing 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ride up porter clough last night?’ is closed to new replies.