Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anybody got a dedicated bike wash area in their garden ?
  • righog
    Free Member

Pictures would be good.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Does a hose pipe count 😉

carlos
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s called the patio. 🙂

Drac

A bucket of water on the drive or sometimes the jet wash. Not sure why I’d need a dedicated bike wash.

righog
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    Does a hose pipe count

Yes of course, but only if you use it in the same place every time you wash your bike 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Not sure why I’d need a dedicated bike wash.

You’re obviously not a pro, Drac.

Oh, and to answer on Molgrips’ behalf. The balcony.

clunker

Patio with a hose and some suitable cleaning solution, with a cuppa tea/beer to hand.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I used to have one when I had a petrol station, it was also a dedicated car wash area.
    I only wash the bikes in one area of the garden nowadays so I suppose yes, I do have a ‘dedicated bike wash area’

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have a gravel area next to the garage where the hose reel resides. Bikes always gets washed there

Harry_the_Spider

I just googled “washing bike in shower” and got a naked lady with a very large chest soaping a Kawasaki. 😯

righog
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    A bucket of water on the drive or sometimes the jet wash. Not sure why I’d need a dedicated bike wash.

A fair point of course it’s just were I live at the minute I have to wash them in front of the house with mud and oil everywhere, it works it’s just a bit messy.

Googling gave the following result

honourablegeorge

I suspect she needs chamois cream with those

wobbliscott
    Free Member

That’s filthy! The bikes pretty mucky too 😀

mos

I Was gonna do one at the back of the house with a trap to collect all the spooge from bike washing but I realised that in the time it would take to build it, I could probably do 4 decent rides. So that’s what I did.

PhilO
    Free Member

Er… Bike washing… No, sorry. Not sure what you’re talking about there….

mangatank
    Free Member

I not only designed a covered cleaning area on a build I was involved with, but an mtb changing area with an open shower in it. Brilliant! If only the plans hadn’t been changed at the last minute.

Now it’s a utility room and a hose point.

clubber
    Free Member

Yes. nothing posh, just an area with the hose and a raised wire grid so that the mud falls through.

shifter
    Free Member

Yes. Bit of gravel near the tap. Picture of gravel and tap? No, sorry!

colournoise

Built a little soakaway at the bottom of the garden for washing bikes. More often than not though just end up hosing them down on the patio.

Northwind

I have a hosepipe, some gravel, and an old motorbike tyre (nice for propping the bike in). I have no pics but perhaps you can imagine the glorious scene.

olly2097
    Free Member

I have external power and a tap down the bottom of the garden to jetwash with. Sweet.

tomhoward

I have some plants in my bike wash area. And a shed. And a BBQ. And a patio.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got a dedicated bike wash area in their garden ?’ is closed to new replies.