• This topic has 51 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Anybody else got the lurgy?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Seem to have been chesty for weeks now and coughing up gunk.As I,m just starting to get a bit sick of it I,m wondering if anybody has discovered a miracle cure.Cheers.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m fine but thanks for your concern.

ulysse
    Free Member

Newp, hale n hearty here, me owd China 😀

ulysse
    Free Member

So thats me and ^ Essel destined for the sickbed by the end of the week then? 😳

bearnecessities

As soon as you get the first signs of a throaty lurgy, chew on a tiny bit of raw garlic – seriously.

Bit late for you though 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Had it in October.. I had the whole of October off work due to changing jobs.
    No work, dry weather.. and i had some virus thing for 5 weeks. FFS.
    Im fine now but will probably catch something else just in time for christmas (seems to be my routine every year) Last year had food poisoning for 3 weeks, year before was norovirus, year before that was bad chest and year before that was real dying in bed type flu.

I’ll re-join the thread in 2 weeks with this years lurgy… I might go with norovirus again this year……….

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have had this bloody thing for MONTHS. It JUST WON’T DIE!!!!!

Seriously, did 3 weeks, went to the docs and got drugs which failed to help. It had just started to go when we had a big weekend of travel and stuff and back it comes. All fevery, achy, tired and lurgified.

That said, I think it may be starting to go (again), finally. It must be near 2 months of feeling grotty now though.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

:twisted:Awaits essal illness with interest.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

No lurgy but I lost 1 3/4 kg between Tuesday evening and Thursday morning. I felt okay but, as someone said, “you wouldn’t trust a cough!”

I had to set up a long extension lead system to keep my iPAd battery going whilst on the toilet.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

That sounds bad mate.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It was Monkey. Seems I’ve given it to my co-teacher too. They sent me an email from the staff loo re. arranging cover for the afternoon!

Back to your lurgy – I have a load of raw onions on top of a curry whenever I feel a cold, cough or whatever coming. Seems to help.

andy4d

Yep I am diseased. In week or 6 of it. Started as a bad cold then Cough that would not shift, after 2 weeks the bad cold returned. Still have the cough and generally feel a bit sh!t. Went to doc in week 3 and got anti biotics and inhaler but they have not helped so must be viral. Guess it will pass in its own time

BFITH
    Free Member

Off yesterday afternoon and today. General face-ache and lethargy….
    Currently spending money that I’m not earning on Christmas shopping online…

😯

akira

I think what I need is some peace and quiet to recuperate but that’s not happening anytime soon so I’m just going to keep draining phlegm out my body till I die.

P-Jay
    Free Member

All of last week, terrible chest, thought I had pheumonia again, 2 half-days off work, slept, was getting so-so at the weekend but decided to skip riding to make sure it was dead, IT’S STILL NOT GONE.

Bit of a headache, nothign serious, bit bunged up, nothing serious but coughing up like a 40 a day man in the morning all day, feelign a bit dizzy too.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Just kicked a bout of flu. Lost half a stone. Week off work. Felt knackered for another week. Cough only just gone now, at the three week mark. Load of rubbish!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It’s a ball-ache.. been coughing like an emphysema sufferer for the last week. Really bored of it now.

I failed to follow my own simple rules, before a staff-leaving cake-ceremony at work the other week: obsessive-compulsive hand washing.

TimP
    Free Member

Was playing fast and loose 2 weeks ago, and now rivers of snot cascading out of my face. Firkin children…

DT78
    Free Member

Yep had it since Oct. If it is like last year I finally shifted it in about March. This time I’ve completely stopped training to see if I can shift it quicker. Not working. Is this the rise of the supercold? Until last winter I’ve only had the occasional snivel lasting a week tops. The whole office is full of it.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I’m good, but it’s been tag-teaming it’s way through our 3 kids since Saturday morning! Just as one seems to get better the next one starts with it.
    I can escape to work for rest, the wife on the other hand is going cabin fever crazy stuck at home with them! 😯

spawnofyorkshire

I’m sat at my desk feeling like death. Sneezing and coughing fits, had a day off with hot & cold fevers earlier this week. Think it’s plague*

*I may or may not be feeling a bit sorry for myself

stumpy01

Seemed to have had some kind of ailment for ages now & getting quite fed up of it.

Had a really mild cold, that never really went away, but morphed into a weird spaced out ‘just got off a fairground’ type feeling coupled with very gurgly guts.
    That went after around 5 days & just as I was feeling well again, I did one session on the turbo trainer & BAM, bloody man-flu…!

Not as bad as earlier in the year, but had to have Wed & Thursday off work. Back in today, but not exactly feeling great now I’m here.

In a mad bid of desperation, I went to Boots on Tues evening and bought a large tub of their multivitamins….180 tablets for <£6. Figured it was worth a shot – 1 year old baby, long commute, stress at work means I’ve been feeling a bit ‘low’ for ages so thought perhaps my body could do with some help. And if it’s all snake oil & makes no difference, I’ve only spend £5.75 for a 6 month trial which I figured was worth it.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve had The Mange for about two weeks now. I’m thoroughly bored of it now and although I feel loads better I’m still a snotty mess.

Mmm… pleasant.

Annoyingly, just as I’m feeling better the weather up here’s turned from lovely bright frozen loveliness to shit damp shitty muddy wetness. Pants.

project
    Free Member

lots of local hospitals and care homes have norvo virus and closed to visitors, patients are made to wait on trollies in corridors while itv news films them and ads pixellated heads, theyre so ill.

ulysse
    Free Member

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Exactly like DT78 here.More colds and coughs this year than any other I can remember.I wonder if it’s a reaction to a vile Tory government or just the fact it never seems to stop raining in 2016.Answers on a postcard please.

DrP

Yes… In my fifth week now.
    Knackered.
    Took a few days off work this week, had a day in bed last week (was on leave).
    Cough, drained, wheezy.

Bored.

DrP

davosaurusrex

Same same. Was coming down with it last week but was in a hectic period at work (11 days straight of 12 hours days with a 180 mile commute and a 17 hour day to finish). Predictably enough I went down properly on my first day off. Shook off the bronchitis after a week and thought I had turned the corner but it came back at me yesterday.

Doesn’t help that we’re trying to finish painting the loft conversion before the carpets go down on Monday. Just spent a few hours up a ladder painting the stairwell, back in bed feeling dog rough now.

Don’t like the sound of it dragging on months! Haven’t ridden a bike in a month or more as it is.

My 4 year old is downstairs looking at God knows what on YouTube, I really should go and take the tablet off her. Yes I’m a terrible parent.

Yak

Hmm, seem to be coming down with the kids lurgy, along with half the school it appears.
    I’ll bravely tackle it tonight with stout and wine, so hopefully will be fine to ride at the weekend.

DrP

Dave… Last week I literally crashed on the sofa, chucked iPads at the kids and said I’d see them in a few hours!!
    I won’t tell social services if you won’t…

DrP

davosaurusrex

That’s very kind of you DrP but it’s not social services I’m worried about, it’s when the wife gets in….

davosaurusrex

My 4 year old has just pointed out that she is in fact 3. I’ve taken my temperature and it’s 38.5. I’m feverish and hallucinating. I’m going to die aren’t I? I feel cold, so very cold. Somebody hold me.

davosaurusrex

Or I really am a crap parent. Ah well.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just fit up after 17 hours in bed.Feel slightly better but weary.Need to get to the local shops later,god help me.Must be great to have a wife to look after you and offer sympathy.Monkey.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just got up after 17 hours in bed.Feel slightly better but weary.Need to get to the local shops later,god help me.Must be great to have a wife to look after you and offer sympathy.Monkey.

mattbee

Well, I have a strained ACL in my left knee. I fainted at work Mon morning for some reason & banged my head pretty badly. Along with loads of other tests & scans I had a lumbar puncture. I have also developed a stinking cold.
    So now I’ve got post concussion syndrome as well as the after effects of the LP, a sore neck & back of head from the fall, bunged up nose, sore throat & it feels like I’m drunk & hungover at the same time. My heart rate keeps fluctuating from mid 60s to low 40s, a big patch of hair has been shaved from my chest for ecg dots to stick to and both elbows are a bit bruised from having cannula inserted.
    I now can’t drive, drink, ride or do much at all for at least another week.
    I’m not exactly full of the cheers of Christmas at the moment…

CountZero

Just starting to shift a really stinky cold, as usual tickly cough and bunged-up muzzy head, then chesty cough with frankly unreal amounts of green goo being produced, went to bed the other night, rather late, and the blocked-up feeling in my left ear suddenly turned to real pain, couldn’t sleep with it, then there was a sudden sort of gurgling noise and a really loud popping and the pain almost went away.
    It’s made the tinnitus in that ear slightly louder, though.
    Predictably, my dad has got it, but his has almost immediately turned into a chest infection that had me phoning 111, a paramedic coming out at 3.30am, and him being carted down to Bath RUH, so I’m not so badly off.

bearnecessities

Look, I’ve told you lot (including the resident GP) that you need to chew on a bit of garlic as soon as you notice the signs!

Unless you like being ill of course 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Jesus,reading this I,ve decided to stop moaning.Good to know my suffering is the same as DrP.Obviously putting up with it is the only solution.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Are you serious bear.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else got the lurgy?’ is closed to new replies.