• This topic has 51 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Anybody else got the lurgy?
  • bearnecessities

Yup. It’s not exactly tasty, but you only chew on the smallest amount and you have to do it as soon as you get the signs.

Have a few nibbles if you can, make sure to chew it so the garlicy goodness goes to work.

Trust me it works 🙂

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Just chewed some garlic and my word…it ACTUALLY works!!! Haahhahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

slackalice
    Free Member

Bicarbonate of soda. Teaspoon in a glass of warm water once or twice a day. It just does.

chorlton
    Free Member

The spewy bug is just working its way through our house. The boy had to be picked up early from school yesterday for vomiting. He plonked his drinks bottle down on the table whilst my back was turned and quick as lightning my 3 year old took a swig.
    Needless to say that come 2 o’clock today the poor little girl was after me for hugs hurling every which way. 🙁
    She’s sleeping sound now though. 🙂

jamj1974

Me too. Cough is 5 weeks old and now I have a cold with streaming nose and sore throat.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ummmm 5 weeks does seem to be ringing bells.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Bloody ear infection that’s making my jaw hurt. Had it a month now. GP gave me dropss, which eased it, but as soon as I stopped using them it’s back. More hassle trying to get back in to get some antibiotics. Minging chest too. Put me down!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I wonder if the answer might be high powered vitamin tablets.

maccruiskeen

Bloody ear infection that’s making my jaw hurt. Had it a month now. GP gave me dropss, which eased it, but as soon as I stopped using them it’s back.

I had something similar on and off for a year or so – really awful at times – couldn’t hear, couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep – sometime the pain spread to cause nasty stabbing pains behind my eye

Get advice as well as drops. Might not be the same issue for you but for me it was a sort of vicious circle of an eczema-like reaction in the ear canal that made the skin prone to infection – which cause eczema – which caused infection again and again. So my treatment was a mix or antibiotics and cortisone drops.

The docs can be very forthcoming with the drops – less so with advice – so they hadn’t explained there other steps that I needed to be taking as well as taking the medication – such as not letting any water get into my ears when I bath/wash/shower. It was only having been passed around between GPs and consultants for a year that I really lost my rag with one of them (you get grumpier and grumpier) as they kept sending me away with the same treatment and I wasn’t getting any better. Non of them had actually told me what was going on or what was supposed to be doing – they all assumed someone else had already done it

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

That’s the new shitty NHS for you.All that counts is cash.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thought I was improving.Woke up earlier sweating,aching chesty and red eyed.I,ve MTFU and it still isn’t working.Seeing my asthma nurse tomorrow,I,d better have a chat about this.I was trying to avoid antibiotic use but I think its on the horizon now.

DrP

Curse that shitty NHS..never there for you..never monitoring long term conditions…curse them…

DrP

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else got the lurgy?’ is closed to new replies.