Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Anybody else got a stinking rotten cold/chest infection?
  • thecrookofdevon

Desperately need to make up a fancy title for my ‘cold’. Much more of this and I will be broke having bought all sorts of crap for all of my bikes over the last few days. All bikes running perfectly, even bled the brakes on my best bike which won’t be out for months. I need a target an adventure, a quest no less…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thecrookofdevon – have I mentioned the Big Bike Bash before?

This is might quest and adventure for a bold soul like you. It is also not until the end of August so you may feel better by the. Google I now, read the reviews and buy the tickets. You will feel better.

I felt fine when I woke this morning but now have a temperature and have coughed up half a bucket of phlem. Hoping to accelerate the illness with a long hot bath and a bottle of laphroig.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Loads of coughing and splutering in my local Chavsda.

votchy
    Free Member

Been laid up since chrimbo night, full of snot, coughing, ache all over, no appetite, now hurts to blow my nose muscles across my back really tight, getting properly fed up with it now 😥 on the plus side my wife has been an angel

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody else got the feeling of something trapped in their chest.The irritation causes me to have coughing fits.Starting to get fed up with it.

bish

Cold of doom sufferer here too, i thought i was over the worst of it so went for a little bimble on the ss today, bad idea it almost killed me and now i feel rotten again. Harumph!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

WCA-how did the booze option go?Worth a try?

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I’ll see your Cold Of Doom and raise you Tonsilitis.

Has successfully put paid to any and all plans I had for the last few days of the year.

sore throat
    red, swollen tonsils
    pain when swallowing
    high temperature (fever)
    coughing
    headache
    tiredness
    chills
    a general sense of feeling unwell (malaise)
    white pus-filled spots on the tonsils
    swollen lymph nodes (glands) in the neck
    pain in the ears or neck

And you can add to the list of The Usual Symptoms: a migraine that could floor a cow (it hurt to look at anything), nightmares, loss of appetite and an inability to sleep.

I pray for a swift death.

singletrackmatt

GJP – Member
    Yep a chest infection here, possibly a side effect of the new asthma medication the doc gave me a week ago WTF, but at least no streaming nose. No roast potatoes for me tomorrow at my sisters

Really GJP ? I’ve recently had my asthma drugs changes ( well thats after finally admitting at 42 that I do have asthma ) and from the start they’ve made my chest feel irritated and now I have another chest infection, I know we men complain about being Ill but constantly getting chest infections is boring and time consuming.

Matt

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

UPDATE: Still praying for a swift death here.

The worst virus I’ve ever had has morphed into a bad headcold with cough.

Brilliant.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Started coughing on boxing day. Had to go to bed a few hours later, spent four days in bed. Feel a lot better but the ache seems to be right inside my bones. Feel very weak still, this has been a bad one.

Hohum
    Free Member

I feel better now.

Not surprising really, as I started back at work today, grrr!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Have not had any colds/coughs at all this year until day after boxing day, it’s now gone to my chest but it’s not an infection as i feel fine, just a small space monster hoiked up every now and again. Disappointed I didn’t make it till the end of the year germ free 😐

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Me to Mr Smith.Do you find yourself sweating alot?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Did have a sweat inducing curry last night. And this morning lurgy more or less gone. 😀

johnellison
    Free Member

Had it for weeks now – more or less OK apart from the continually-blocked sinuses and hacking cough. At least I’m coughing loads of crap up which can only be a good thing…

organic355
    Free Member

as above Ive had “it” since 12th December, had 48 hours of feeling really crap, but just had snotty nose and hacking cough since. Coughing up some nice brown/red/green chewy blancmange stuff now which is nice.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah had a cough for the past month or so. I cam still ride and go to work though so not the end of the world!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Got some boomerang thing that gives me all the symptoms mentioned above, never develops into anything especially serious but never completely goes away either. Maybe feel clear for a week or so, then it comes back.

Been going on since October.

WTF?

mudshark
    Free Member

Hmmm I got a sore throat last Thursday that was never too bad but in the last couple of days has developed into a full blown cold so I guess it’s going to take about another week to go.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Have had for nearly a week now. Sore throat then flu like symptoms that put me in bed for a day or so. Now it’s attempting to get on my chest. Annoying. Need to be fit for skiing in two weeks.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else got a stinking rotten cold/chest infection?’ is closed to new replies.