Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Anybody else got a stinking rotten cold/chest infection?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just as well I dont celebrate pagen festivals.On the positive side I now have a good excuse to be extra grumpy.

unovolo
    Free Member

Yep me too,its bloody annoying as I now have a few days off and cannot tho riding,and have been to busy with work previously to get out on my bike.
    I can feel a change of job coming on in the New year.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,ve even got a very slight ache in my fingers.It also seems worse at night,resulting in a lack of sleep.Very annoying.I think a bike ride would result in a hospital stay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Norovirus?

househusband
    Free Member

Yup, whooping cough.

Very frustrating as I haven’t ridden this month at all, nor am I likely to for another week or two – and I have a new bike to build and ride!

GJP
    Free Member

Yep a chest infection here, possibly a side effect of the new asthma medication the doc gave me a week ago WTF, but at least no streaming nose. No roast potatoes for me tomorrow at my sisters 🙁

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Just finished that to move onto the rampant 5hits and puking- oh joy!

Konastoner
    Free Member

Aye, just finished my 3rd round of Anti Bios. I’ve had it for 8 weeks now in varying degrees of fleminess, it started off as man flue (i.e a cold). It’s still there too, probably ebola or summit 🙁

barkm
    Free Member

yep been almost completely incapacitated for the last week, but definitely entering the recovery phase now. So I should be right by about April then. 😥

tenfoot

Had it for 2 weeks now. Today is the first day I haven’t needed paracetomol or ibuprofen to feel vaguely human.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

shame you can’t give it to Thatcher– a free gift in her time of need 😀

souldrummer
    Free Member

Have had a cold/cough for weeks now. Have been ill on and off for so long it really is getting on my nerves. Managed to get out on the road bike today but feel exhausted now.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ah so Fred has a new login 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Yup, bloody cold/cough/aches here. Not going to let it spoil my fun though. Opened the alcohol 2hrs ago 🙂

Keef
    Free Member

manflu. 🙁

rudebwoy
    Free Member

so if you mention the T thing you must be ‘fred’– how quaint..

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Coughs,sweats and sneezing hit me on Saturday.Any ideas about when I,m going to start feeling human again?Any fast miracle cures on offer.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

vitamin c –large doses — ride it out–no short cuts with it i’m afraid

orangeboy
    Free Member

Yep coughs lots of sneezing and sweats for me too
    Just started Sunday

I’m hoping the answer is the Oban I’m about to open just hope I can taste it
    Don’t seem to have much appitie either

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Cheers rb.Just hope it doesn’t develop into anything serious. Some of you guys sound in a bad way.

leeph
    Free Member

Been battling with it for the last three weeks tried everything, night nurse, loads of fresh orange, sudafed – even a 12 mile ride yesterday in high winds – which nearly finished me off.

Visited the docs this morning – prescribed antibiotics, already feeling better after the first dose.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Yup, have a bad cold for almost two weeks. Haven’t been riding as very busy at work and so very tired.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ob,is drinking alcohol a good idea?I feel a bit out of it now and I,m sober.

funkrodent

Had it since Thursday. Right b#stard. Sore throat from hell, cough, nose like a river, shivers. Thought it was the flu but it’s not. Still bad though. It’s got me awake at this time! (on the plus side I’m keeping an eye out for Santa, if nothing else I’ll put this whole does he/doesn’t he exist thing to bed).
    Think I’m through the worst. Drink lots of fluids, have ibuprofen and lemsip at regular intervals and eat shed loads of oranges. No idea if any of that actually helps, in reality just praying that this doesn’t go on for 2-3 weeks 😯

hora
    Free Member

Buy multiple new bike parts op

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Hora I dont need to add addiction to illness.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Sore throat and full head here !

mikertroid
    Free Member

Another manthrax sufferer here. Not sure I’ll make it through to Downton Xmas special. 😥

It’s been nice knowing you!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Any ideas why my virus seems worse on a night than when i first get up.?

johndoh
    Free Member

rudebwoy – Member
    vitamin c –large doses — ride it out–no short cuts with it i’m afraid
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Ballcocks – you can only absorb so much vit c – the rest is just pissed away.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Ballcocks – you can only absorb so much vit c – the rest is just pissed away.

You can absorb quite a bit…

mikertroid
    Free Member

Damn, according to my doc, my right lung is fluid-filled at the moment. Looks like the SPAM winter challenge won’t be on my diary now 🙁

Yep, kicked in on Boxing Day. Seriously queasy too 🙁

Hohum
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Yep, kicked in on Boxing Day. Seriously queasy too

I have had a stinking cold for the last 10 days or so and I regularly get the queasiness nowadays as well 🙁

I have decided just to stay in the house, keep warm and watch films/box sets and hope it goes away soon.

funkrodent

Posted on Xmas eve and thought I was through the worst of it. Hah! Oh the optimistic ignorance of youth..
    Has morphed from head cold to sore throat to cough from hell, all the while accompanied by a nose like a fountain, sneezing and the shivers.
    Its been a week now and frankly it’s starting to take the mick
    If -as I’m thinking right now – these things are getting worse and worse each year, god help us all come 2016 😯

mikertroid
    Free Member

We’re doomed!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

fr-that sounds more like whooping cough.Lot of it about this year.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Well much better now but sadly won’t be racing tomorrow 🙁

Hope others are recovering too! Hideous lurgy this last one!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Had it for last 48 hours. Bloody miserable especially the non-stop nose drip, coughing and sneezing. Broke all the rules and went for 1 hour run with dogs this morning. Time will tell if that was a good/bad idea.

instanthit
    Free Member

I have a lower respiratory tract infection, on day 3 of antibiotics. Loss of appetite, coughing, full of mucus, feel like death, high temp. Feeling very sorry for myself, wife described me as melodramatic!! Nothing like a bit of sympathy. Running out of things to read.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else got a stinking rotten cold/chest infection?’ is closed to new replies.