Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anybody else getting excited about the 2019 Salsa Warbird??
  • tripsterpete
    Free Member

The new incarnation seems to tick a load of boxes with the increased tyre clearance and 650b option too.

Was going to pull the pin on a Cutthroat but will now wait a few months until these come on line

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

No. No excited at all.

“Warbird”: very silly name for a bike – or?

“Cutthroat”: even worse…

johnnystorm

Says the bloke who rides a bossnut? 😉

Warbird, flies and fights, it’s a gravel race bike.

Cutthroat, cutthroat world of racing and a species found in all the States that the TD passes through.

Back to the OP’s question. Yes. Very excited!

Del

i’d hold on to that excitement. tried to buy a salsa a couple of years ago. couldn’t.

BillOddie

Cutthroat is named after a trout.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Who imports them these days? CTBM stopped IIRC?

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Says the bloke who rides a bossnut?

haha. You are right.

“Bossnut” is a silly name as well.

Cutthroat is named after a trout.

O.k.. Then it’s an really peacful name. Take everything back … and I’am very excited as well

wind-bag
    Free Member

Speak to Richard at Keep Peddaling in Manchester for anything Salsa related…I would seriously think about getting an order in now instead of hanging on and being disappointed when you can’t get one.

whitestone
    Free Member

My wife got a Salsa via Rich and Shona but I’m not sure who actually imports them these days. At the time it was “there’s N large, M small … coming in to the country”

wind-bag
    Free Member

There’s currently no official importer, but Richard brings in quite a few by purchasing a job lot.

breninbeener

whats the price in the states?

wind-bag
    Free Member

Retail prices included, new Cutthroat and Warbirds are now on the Salsa site:

https://salsacycles.com/bikes/warbird/2019_warbird_carbon_ultegra_di2700

Good luck on getting any discount from a dealer.

Del

when i was looking raleigh were listed as the distributor.

whitestone
    Free Member

Salsa are a pretty niche manufacturer in UK terms TBH, the only models I see with any regularity are the Spearfish* (no longer in their line up) and the Cutthroat along with the occasional Fargo. The Spearfish and Cutthroat were both designed with long distance riding in mind – Tour Divide, Colorado Trail, Arizona Trail, etc., not something UK manufacturers have any commercial reason to target.

Manufacturers tend to like all or a significant part of their range to be taken rather than importers/dealers cherry picking so there’d be quite a few models that have little differentiation to existing brands/models and a few that have very limited appeal here in the UK.

*named after a town in South Dakota

PJay
    Free Member

Bike 24 (Germany) have 2018 models and are quoting free postage to the UK (for anything over 250€); it might be worth asking about 2019 models. Delivery times are showing as 7-8 weeks though.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Pull the pin…

I can’t believe you really just wrote that.

Oarsumz

cookeaa

Perusing the salsa website, I still find myself more taken with the Vaya which is now labelled as “Gravel/light touring” and appears to have gained some tyre clearance since I last looked at one.

In fact I sort of like the look of the journeyman as a frameset, being aluminium it has the potential for a lighter build than the Vaya without costing half as much as a warbird, but availability seems very limited in the UK (it is a new product though)…

onandon
    Free Member

Not seeing anything in that frame which would make me want one over a 3T or open.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Journeyman’s are nice. Was looking at one in a shop here in Colorado. About $1000 for a full bike too!

cookeaa

Yeah I notice their stock journeyman builds are all towards the budget end of things sora/claris/apex all with cable brakes, where the warbird  has fancier options up to ultegra Di2 and a much higher price point, which clearly sets some expectations…

I do wonder what the difference in frameset weights actually is, can’t seem to find that particular bit of information. Personally I’d happily tolerate an extra couple of kg for a couple of grand cost saving…

Still flagship products and all that…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else getting excited about the 2019 Salsa Warbird??’ is closed to new replies.