Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any way to force HD4400 to use 2560 x 1440 screen res
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m using Teamviewer to control a pc, with the monitor unplugged I can get it to go to 2048 x 1152 (highest option), but is there any way to force the screen res on a HD4400 integrated graphics to use 2560 x 1440. (windows 7 btw)

I’m using teamviewer to save me pissing about with multiple keyboards etc, which works well, it’s on the network so lag is minimal and acceptable, would like to get it completely full screen if possible though.

I know it’s on the pc I need to make it use higher res, but I can’t see how, I’ve updated the drivers, but no joy there.

Is 2048 x 1152 my absolute max with the HD4400?

colp

Can’t answer your question but be wary of upgrading to Win10. They’ve just ceased support for a cards HD4xxx or lower so it wipes your drivers and uses MS basic display driver with a max res of 1280×1024 and no dual monitor support.

seosamh77
    Free Member

cool, don’t see any upgrade on the horizon, but will note that cheers!

squirrelking
    Free Member

https://communities.intel.com/thread/43739

Seems you need a displayport cable to get it to high res, bet it needs to be connected too. If your monitor has multiple inputs and it’s next to you then it could work.

You also need to manually create a resolution profile.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Yes I seen that link, problem is I don’t actually have a display attached to the computer(well usually, need to attached when I restart), when I do attach one, it only lets me create a profile based on that display in the intel graphic UI (much smaller limit at 1440 x 900), when I unplug the display, it defaults to the display>adjust resolution settings in the contol panel allowing the wider range and ignores the intel graphic UI(res options are blanked when the display is unplugged, VGA connection btw).

I can achieve a higher res than the monitor attached to the pc, by unplugging it(It just defaults to every available option then, not just what the display limits it to), but the max there is 2048 x 1152. I guess this is just the max the card can achieve without plugging in a bigger display and using an hdmi cable(which that thread suggests it can handle 2560 x 1440) .

Wonder if there’s some way to fool it into thinking a bigger display is attached via hdmi?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any way to force HD4400 to use 2560 x 1440 screen res’ is closed to new replies.