Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any Vodafone users?
  • Flaperon

Is the customer service still as appalling as it used to be? They’re way cheaper than EE for roaming and cover more destinations than 3.

I remember from about 10 years ago their advisors were self centered corrupt unhelpful bastards, but I was wondering if this has changed?

One of them has just offered 20% off the price of a contract on the web chat along with some freebies. However, they’re saying that the phone must be collected from a Vodafone store and the free stuff will be posted separately, and that the discount will kick in after the first month.

Obviously collecting from shop means no cooling off period on the contract. My “it’s too good to be true” sense is tingling…

robdixon
    Free Member

The only thing Vodafone consistently comes first place in these days is the awards for worst customer service:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43822624

bigjim

I’ve used them for years with no problems, but I buy my own phones now.

petec
    Free Member

we’ve used them for years, but i have family who works for them

Never any issues (but we’re close to newbury)

But as above, never buy a phone in a contract. Get a phone from John Lewis or something, then get a sim only plan

tjagain

Yes.IMO – useless bunch of idiot spammers

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s only just over a year since I got rid of the useless twunts. Doesn’t matter what deal they offer, I’m never going back. I’d rather not have a phone.

Freester

Been with em for year’s. Never had any problems but I’m sim only. Would probably move but they are the cheapest and only VF and O2 work at home.

Retromud
    Free Member

have 3 phones in the family on my account, stupidly agreed to my wife upgrading her phone last month – that will be the last one, I don’t think I can deal with that level of crap service again.

DickBarton

Been with them for about 15 years, Apart from upgrade time I never call them. They have been great for me. Only real gripe I have is their usage abroad policy, seems an utter rip-off but as I don’t go abroad often, that might have changed…

Have always had a connection when my mates on other networks haven’t so always stayed with them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What Dick said.

Try virgin too, I got much better deal on my daughter’s phone than voda could offer.

kimbers

I tried to leave but sim only they undercut giffgaff for me & i do get good signal so stuck with them.

Other than that not really had to interact with customer services in 5 years?

alexxx
    Free Member

I just moved to them a couple of months ago from 3. I got a 50gb a month sim only contract for £30. Better than anyone else and I can use all that data tethered and abroad.

So no idea what their abroad usage policy Dick is referring to is… must be some legacy package that was crap. Their new stuff is market leading.

They did overcharge me and set my allowance 5gb under what was stated and I had to go to store.. pain in the arse but all resolved apart from its weirdly £31 a month not £30.. meh whatever.

I think all mobile service providers are as useless as each other. All painful if you have to talk to someone who isn’t upgrading you.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Their antivirus software is £1 a month, that’ll be the 31 quid alexxx.

The roaming charge Dick is on about is the £6 a day it costs you for countries outside the EU

DickBarton

The abroad charge is (maybe now was) 3 quid per day to use your allowance, which for a 7 day trip would make my bill twice what it usually was…so not appealing at all.

Might be different now though.

stumpy01

Doesn’t matter what deal they offer, I’m never going back. I’d rather not have a phone.

+1.

uggski

Their antivirus software is £1 a month, that’ll be the 31 quid alexxx.

You can disable this by going online and changing it in the settings

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any Vodafone users?’ is closed to new replies.