Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Reggae Experts In The House?
  • walleater

I've been watching some old Top Gear shows, and on one there is a dub reggae song that I have in the UK and I can't for the life of me think what it is. It's an awesome tune though but I've not heard it for years. If you go onto the link, it's the one 23mins 45secs to 24:51

http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear-episode-songs-season-6/06×07-july-10th-2005-a-5675/

yunki
    Free Member

theoretically.. It's quite likely that I could solve this mystery for you.. BUT… the player in your link doesn't work..

thejesmonddingo

Sounds a bit like an old King Tubby dub.

thejesmonddingo

Works for me.

walleater

You might well be right about King Tubby, and I have got some KT stuff back in the UK. I'll have to have a search around.

Talkemada
    Free Member

It is Tubbyesque, but I think it's fairly recent; sounds like snippets of other stuff cobbled together. Possibly a contemporary piece?

Hard to say; some idiot droning on over it all…

donks
    Free Member

Aye King Tubby…pretty sure… mind you, you never know with dub…could be Augustus Pablo or Mad Proff?? Trojan records dub compillation will see you right.

walleater

I have a feeling it was used as a dub for one of the versions of 'Man Next Door', but I can't find it on You Tube. Damn it!

yunki
    Free Member

got in working… I can't help as it happens.. but yeah.. def sounds more modern than King Tubby.. alot of the older stuff was more melodic than that really…

walleater

The Paragons – Indiana James (Man Next Door). Yay!

freeridenick
    Free Member
    walleater

Aye, the version I was looking for (and was on Top Gear) was presumably much later and more echoey, hence the confusion. I can only find that version on iTunes though.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/raiders-of-the-lost-dub/id312879717

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Reggae Experts In The House?’ is closed to new replies.