Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Posties about – redirection problems
  • Cletus

Hi,

I moved house on 9th September and set up redirection of my mail on-line. I have not received and redirected mail yet apart from some for someone with the same surname who lives at a different address.

I have phoned the RM customer service line who have confirmed that the redirect was set up correctly and said that they would email my local sorting office.

The first call was over a week ago and I still have no properly redirected mail and am still receiving mail for the person with the same surname. I have called twice more but no joy.

Is it possible to go down to the local sorting office to try to resolve the issue? – should I try calling or visiting the local office to sort this out?

I am getting quite peeved as I have lost loads of mail due to this issue (we moved very quickly and I did not have time to inform all companies of our new address).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just to make you feel better……..hope this helps

carlosg
    Free Member

Been a postie for the last 14 years , RM would have you believe that a redirection will be up and running in 7 days , however in my experience sometime around 14 is likely to be closer to the truth.

Unless your local delivery office is the same one that delivered to your old address they will be unable to sort your problem out , your point of contact regarding the redirection would be the office that delivered to your previous address.

Currently RM are going through massive changes countrywide , every office in the Leeds area where I work is woefully understaffed and have been told by upper management that they cannot fill vacancies as the proposed changes will absorb them.

Cletus

Thanks carlosg. It is in Cheltenham so I guess it is the same office for both properties (they are approx 1.5 miles apart).

Do you think that it would be worth going to the office to try and sort the problem or best to go through the customer services helpline?

thanks

carlosg
    Free Member

Cheltenham has a GL postcode if the number after GL is different between your old and new address then it’s likely to be 2 different offices. Your addresses being 1.5 miles apart is no guarantee that the same office deals with both properties mail , one road where my office delivers to is bisected by a postcode boundry

Personally I’d go have a word with the manager at the office where your mail should be redirected from , it would save emails from head office being pushed to the bottom of the pile in favour of supposedly more important issues.

Cletus

Thanks – will do as you suggest

hora
    Free Member

Just break into your old house or hit the Postie with a Cricket bat (every morning)?

xiphon
    Free Member

@ carlosg:

My father-in-law’s a postie, so I hear about all the horrors you’re going through.

Fortunately, he’s so near to retirement (2yrs max), it would cost them more to get rid of him early..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh god, this doesnt fill me with confidence at all. Im likely to be moving, so will be setting up a redirect. Only moving round the corner though and should have access to the old property for approx 3 weeks aafter we move. It will be the same office that services both premises at least.
    Any tips for getting it set up? Online or local main post office?

Flaperon

So set up the redirect now and give the owners of the new house a bottle of wine to keep your post safe / call you when it starts coming in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Posties about – redirection problems’ is closed to new replies.