Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any one good with dti vauxhalls or has opcom an lives near swadlincote
  • ruffride
    Free Member

As above have a zafira with probs need some help not running now was suspected fuel pump a bloke came said he’d sort an just swaped the electronic bit off top still ran crap so he said he didn’t know so I change crank sensor an it worked first time ran the died like a fuel prob so it rather pump or just needs bleeding any one who’s good with these on here an close let me know if u can help will fix any bike probs or bits for help or pass on my aMazing ridding skills lol

b45her
    Free Member

if its the fuel pump prepare yourself for a £1000+ bill 😥

trail_rat
    Free Member

define runs crap – down on power ?

have you changed the fuel filter – i ask as most garages it seems cant be bothered with the filter on DTI as they can be a complete bustard to bleed and if you do it wrong you can write off the fuel pump.

does it turn over for ages before starting ? Check the fuel bleeds offs aint leaking?

maccruiskeen

With some DTIs you can get fault codes without connecting up to diagnostics, you can then google the codes

brake and throttle pedal to the floor then turn on the ignition a click or two until the engine management light comes on (but DON’T start the engine). If it works then the car/spanner light will blink the code(s), have someone with you with a pen and paper as they flash out pretty fast. 3 flashes then nothing means no faults reported, but a long sequence of flashes and gaps is a fault code

one flash for one, two flashes for two etc, ten flashes for zero, the codes are all 4 digits long

Google any codes extensively as they can be a red herring.

Which bit of electronics have you had replaced? – theres one on top of the engine (ECU – about £200 for a refurbed/exchanged one) and one on the back of the fuel pump, tucked down behind the engine (EDU about £40 for a refurb)

The latter controls the fuel pump only and a bad solder can cause the pump to stop intermittently or completely.

The one on the top of the engine is vulnerable for fuel seeping through the wiring loom into the electronics – disconnect the leads and see if its wet inside. If you are getting a bunch of different codes that can indicate this box being fuel damaged

ruffride
    Free Member

Well its my dads one day it played up no Power went into limp mode so had a digno bloke out said fuel pump code so he told my dad he’d fix it an he toldy dad he’d do pump he didn’t he just to the controller off pump away then came back bodged the wires to get her put it on an it ran rough like before wouldn’t rev an smoking like mad so he said he didn’t know what to do I was sorting my wedding so sl didn’t want to tell me now weddings done he said it was broke I went over , when I got there it was smoking an not doin a lot so I changed fuel filter an still same so I. Changed crank sensor an it worked ran as it should . But then I drove it down road it hesitated like no fuel stoped an that’s it won’t run it will turn over but nothing so I’m guessing it needs first tring to hand bleed an if not its fuel pump an a recon pump is 450 but a pain to fit just could do with some help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any one good with dti vauxhalls or has opcom an lives near swadlincote’ is closed to new replies.