Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any of the STW guitarists got a Resonator?
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

As per title. Anyone got a Resonator guitar?
    Since I moved to France I seem to be playing more and more acoustic type stuff.
    Can’t be many guitarists who haven’t thought about getting one (like i’m doing now). I’m looking at a steel bodied biscuit one. Just wondering what others experience of them is.

TVM SB

adstick
    Free Member

I have! I have a Vintage tricone. It’s very nice, though not in the same league as a National or similar, but then it was a 1/4 of the price. Personally I’d go for a biscuit or a tricone, and if I was buying again I’d probably buy a biscuit as the ones I’ve played sound a bit bassier than mine.

tyger
    Free Member

Hi there, yes I have one…

If you want to play through a PA becareful as to which preamp you use.

I also have a couple of dobros (wooden body) which I actually prefer because the wood has a warmer sound somehow. I play mainly slide and clawhammer picking style.

If you’re interested I have a Vintage Dobro with a pickup for sale for £80 at the moment. You can email me on tyger@talk21.com

stratobiker
    Free Member

a Vintage Dobro with a pickup for sale for £80!!! 😯

Got any pictures of that?

tyger
    Free Member

All working perfectly – sounds great acoustically or through an amp.
    Let me know where abouts you are.
    Cheers Tyger

grumm
    Free Member

I don’t like the sound of them at all personally – what’s wrong with a normal acoustic guitar?

tyger
    Free Member

It depends how you play them and what you play. Thet’re usually tuned to an open chord for slide work. Great sound from Seasick Steve to Alison Krauss

grumm
    Free Member

Ah I could see them working quite well for slide stuff actually – fair do’s 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve an Ozark resonator, play it more in “regular” tuning than in drop or t’others, nice and loud 🙂

stratobiker
    Free Member

tyger,
    That looks a bargain for £80.
    The sticking point being, i’m in central France.

SB

tyger
    Free Member

Well, if you’re wanting it I’ll find out how much it’ll cost to post and let you know. Can you email me tyger@talk21.com cheers Paul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any of the STW guitarists got a Resonator?’ is closed to new replies.