• This topic has 177 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)
  • Any news on SSUK 2014
  • Muke
    Free Member

Well I managed to extract my bike from all the crap that is in the garage and removed the dust and cobwebs from it so I guess I am now ready to go 😀

shaggy

Suitably late to the party, but are there any places left?

I’d best think about getting a bike working as well.

igm

tazzymtb – Member
    Yeh, it’s all a ploy…just wait until you discover that keef is an accountant and I’m a cardiovascular consultant, with no tattoos

Wait a minute… If you’re not a cardiovascular consultant what happened to me while I was under anaesthetic?

Bazz

Getting all sorted out for this and i was wondering if anyone coming from the South East can advise on a good route to the site. Satnav will not be an option, doing it the old fashioned way! Thanks.

tazzymtb

Shaggy..get over the facebooky page as there arw a couple of last minute cancellations that may be re-allocated

oldnpastit

OK, someone has to ask the question, and no-one else has dared do it. So I’m stepping out, and admitting that I’m uselessneed help:

What gear ratio?

igm

Does it matter? I’ll be pushing half the time anyway.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Inquired about a spare place on the Facebook page earlier and no joy so far 🙁

shaggy

I’m not on Facebook 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

What gear ratio?

52:26

Muke
    Free Member

qwerty
    Free Member

^^ fallen trees with be scared ^^

guitarhero
    Free Member

Shaggy I’ve had a couple of possible places come up on Facebook but only need one. If they both come good I’ll pass on your email address if you like

shaggy

That would be great if you could, thanks.

Keef
    Free Member

Bazz – Member
    Getting all sorted out for this and i was wondering if anyone coming from the South East can advise on a good route to the site. Satnav will not be an option, doing it the old fashioned way! Thanks.

easy peasy, streetmap,post code,print map.J11,or j12 m6 nearest.

Keef
    Free Member

ah,southeast,sorry,don’t know which cart track from over them sticks 😉

tazzymtb

Shaggy check ya email

cheers

taz

takisawa2

M6 is a car park from J4-10, especially on a Friday.
    Toll road would be money well spent. 😉

Bazz

M6 toll road eh? Was considering it, there appears to be multiple possibilities to get there and looking for the easiest. How much is the toll?

rOcKeTdOg

How much is the toll?

on the race course? at least one beer and a bag of scratchings i should think

benji
    Free Member

What gear ratio?

Just pedal damn it 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

Just pedal damn it

and when you’ve had enough of that just get off and push it 🙂

cyclebiker

“What gear ratio?”

I’m running 32:18 on my 29er, not sure if that’s going to work out. But that’s what I had in the shed.

rOcKeTdOg

cyclebiker – Member
    “What gear ratio?”
    I’m running 32:18 on my 29er, not sure if that’s going to work out. But that’s what I had in the shed.

32:19 & I expect to be pushing* a lot

*propping up the short cut bar waiting for the keen people to come past for the 4th time & then joining on the end

shaggy

Hi Taz,
    I didn’t get an email from you. I’ve managed to get a place now (thanks Andy!), but my wife is still looking for one if anyone else has one going.

rOcKeTdOg

Shaggy at least 3 people have dropped out & advertised on the SSUK14 Facebook page this morning

igm

And half the rest of the field will drop out when they reach the beer stop

Muke
    Free Member
    tazzymtb

Shaggy have you got a contact numberer..txt me and I’ll get your details up on the closed group for tickets

see you at the weekend

shaggy

Sorted now! Thanks Taz and Brian. See you all on Friday.

Bazz

Thanks Muke, i stopped being lazy and Googled it earlier, i’m prepared to pay that to avoid being stuck in traffic.

rOcKeTdOg

Free the Treby one[video]http://youtu.be/MrbBifqIz5c[/video]

Muke
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

It’s a Midlands thing, almost cannock specific

qwerty
    Free Member

My unreliable mate has just dropped the inevitable clanger on me and he’s not going, 1 more entry available, I’m not on FB and I’m not sure hes posted anything there either.

So, just me now…. what’s the worst that could happen?

12hr shift, then heading up.

franki
    Free Member

Can’t get there until Saturday, so see you all tomorrow!

takisawa2

I’m hoping there’s a “Lonely Hearts Club” sub-niche section, for Billy-No-Mates attendees, like me.

The Wife is already convinced I’m off to some kind of Swingers convention, under the guise of a bike event. 😕

MrSparkle

I’ll talk to anyone. Keep an eye out for a black and white border collie and if there’s a skinny owd fecker attached then you’ll have found me. Mine’s a pint, btw.

rOcKeTdOg

Takisawa, I’ll talk to anyone, not there til Saturday tho

qwerty
    Free Member

Maybe a cuddle category? 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Any news on SSUK 2014’ is closed to new replies.