• This topic has 17 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by goby.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any Microspline singlespeed cogs about?
  • goby

Hi, just singlespeed curious and wondered is there any about suitable for a shimano microdrive freehub?

Cheers

squirrelking
    Free Member

Hmm, probably have to get them custom made, maybe give @kayla1 / Bikepunx a shout, was super helpful when I wanted a custom hub conversion.

goby

Thats great help many thanks, intresting site! Cheers

kayla1
    Free Member

Thanks for the mention! If anyone can furnish me with the dimensions we can make some Microspline cogs up with a freebie to the person who volunteers to test one.

goby

Sounds a challenge to me let’s do it!

bedmaker

@kayla1
    I’d be very interested also. I can post you a MS freehub body to borrow and measure up if that helps?
    The way the last two smallest cogs interface with the body is quite different to HG so it would be useful to see it I’d think.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a MS body to measure and test fit stuff on, but thanks for the offer.

edit- bugger it, would you like to test one too? Seems only fair seeing as how you offered to lend us a freehub.

bedmaker

Yes, for sure. Quite happy to pay though!

krixmeister

I love this thread already! The way STW forum is supposed to work!

kayla1
    Free Member

Nah, you’re ok. The more people I can get to try one out the better 👍

goby

Yep we are rather lucky on here really 😁

bedmaker

Super!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Thanks for the mention!

Just sharing the love. Conversion is spot on BTW, I finally got out on it a couple of weeks back and forgot to report back! Will be after another one at some point.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Possibly a different option, could you make a sleeve with HG splines on the outside and MS inside?

Or even better, threaded outside for track sprockets?

Would be a usefull addapter for those of us already with loads of sprockets, and would mean the wearing part could be cheap £6 CrMo track sprockets.

kayla1
    Free Member

Possibly a different option, could you make a sleeve with HG splines on the outside and MS inside?

Or even better, threaded outside for track sprockets?

Would be a usefull addapter for those of us already with loads of sprockets, and would mean the wearing part could be cheap £6 CrMo track sprockets.

Sounds easy, you should set about it 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sounds easy, you should set about it 😉

I can CAD it, but lack access to a CNC mill/lathe!

sparkyrhino

Any updates please👍🏼

goby

Yep got mine fitting it now! 😁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any Microspline singlespeed cogs about?’ is closed to new replies.