Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any failed aerosol hacks?
  • white101

Bought a tin of Finish Line citrus type chain cleaner, 2 squirts and the squirty bit now doesnt squirt any more. £6 down the pan and still got a dirty chain.

Anybody know of a cheeky trick to get the blighter squirting again?

newrobdob
    Free Member

Contact the place who sold you them? They are faulty so you should get a new one.

nealglover
    Free Member

Can’t you just take the top off another aerosol and use that.
    It’s not really a “hack” but it’s what I always do.

somafunk

Punch a hole in the top with a screwdriver and pour the fluid into a hand squeezy bottle

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anybody know of a cheeky trick to get the blighter squirting again?

Yeh take it or send it back to where you got it from for a replacemnet

vongassit
    Free Member

somafunk – Member

Punch a hole in the top with a screwdriver and pour the fluid into a hand squeezy bottle

^^This & have someone filming it.

petrieboy

Perhaps the OP got it from an LBS which as we all know is exempt from the sale of goods act

bigyinn
    Free Member

The use of the word “hack” for tips & tricks rather than inappropriate use of computers for personal gain or disruption makes my teeth itch.

wombat

I misread Aerosol and assumed this thread was going to be about Pi**s M*rgan

pinetree
    Free Member

somafunk – Member

Be sure to use candlelight when filming though. Makes for a much warmer light.

nealglover
    Free Member

The use of the word “hack” for tips & tricks rather than inappropriate use of computers for personal gain or disruption makes my teeth itch.

Me too.

Unless of course they involve hacking something into useless pieces, then throwing them away and buying something to do the job properly.

jamesoz

pinetree – Member
    somafunk – Member

POSTED 18 MINUTES AGO #

You mock but if it’s out of propellant and it can’t be returned then why not?

I recently threw new can of leak detection spray (ironically) into my tool bag a little too enthusiastically and it didn’t lay waste to the world when the can punctured on a screw driver.

otsdr
    Free Member

Maybe it was supposed to be used the other side up?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hit it with a brick to take up some of the free space in the can, or throw it on a bonfire and stand back 😆

hoopyfrood
    Free Member

Me too.

Unless of course they involve hacking something into useless pieces, then throwing them away and buying something to do the job properly.

It’s arguably the use of “hacker” to mean computer crimimal that’s wrong: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/it-security/hacker-vs-cracker/

somafunk

It’s a 355ml can of citrus degreaser, with no propellant left so what exactly is going to happen?, even if it was pressurised the worst that would happen is “Psssst” for a few seconds, it’s not going to shoot across the yard and take the side out of a car – for what it’s worth i puncture all my wd40 type cans to empty them into my benchtop degreaser as the propellant will run out before the fluid is all used up.

nealglover
    Free Member

…with no propellant left

I don’t think, from what the op wrote, that a lack of propellant is the issue.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

is it worth trying to clean the nozzle – maybe with some citrus based degreaser or something like that?

More helpfully, I’ve used the strands from some electrical cable to clean out a paint nozzle before now.

Watty

It’s a 355ml can of citrus degreaser, with no propellant left so what exactly is going to happen?, even if it was pressurised the worst that would happen is “Psssst” for a few seconds, it’s not going to shoot across the yard and take the side out of a car – for what it’s worth i puncture all my wd40 type cans to empty them into my benchtop degreaser as the propellant will run out before the fluid is all used up.

I shoot mine with an air pistol. Two in the head, two in the chest, gangsta style.

globalti
    Free Member

Citrus degreaser is orange terpenes, which has a flashpoint of 48c so be careful when you do puncture the can in case there is still pressure inside.

pinetree
    Free Member

Somafunk

I bet you’re fun at parties…

5plusn8
    Free Member

wombat – Member
    I misread Aerosol and assumed this thread was going to be about Pi**s M*rgan

Unappreciated genius on your part wombat. I laughed.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any failed aerosol hacks?’ is closed to new replies.