Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Any experience with ‘perfect-fit’ binds in patio doors?
  • bearnecessities

I’ve not purchased them yet – but I’ve looked at the video instructions:

https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/perfect-fit-venetians/24520/perfectfit-neutral-grey.html

..but my gaskets are tiny and I can’t get a credit card there 🙁

I can’t imagine I’ve got particularly unusual doors, so would be grateful if anyone managed to fit any to something similar? (I rang the company, but not a lot of use)

Ta 🙂

chris36860
    Free Member

We have them and I’m super impressed. They look and work like something much more expensive. I put a little water on each gasket clip to help it slide in. Don’t use washing liquid etc as they slide out when you fit the blinds. Also, keep the blind tapped up as supplied while fitting or it will fall on your head!! It took me 40 mins to fit all 5 on our bifolds. We went for the Teflon ones and they are super tough. Great value for money compared to other bifold options.

bearnecessities

Thanks – are your gaskets/seals/things as tiny as mine?

chris36860
    Free Member

They look about the same to be honest. I also fitted them in a rental property we have and the gasket was massive. I just increased the clip size with some insulation tape and they work a treat. The clips are pointed to aid them sliding in.

bearnecessities

It must be something special about these doors then because I can’t even get a water lubed-up credit card in there.

Arse.

Thanks anyhow 🙂

nuke

Got to reiterate what Chris said… we’ve had 4 perfect fit blinds from blinds2go & a velux blind and ive been very impressed; quick delivery & the blinds have been great, all fitted perfectly (but i did really take my time measuring them up and following how to measure guide). Also your gaskets look about same as our ones so can’t understand why you’re experiencing an issue (Tiny is right as iirc it says something about blinds don’t work if over 7mm width in details…cant remember for sure)

TheDTs
    Free Member

Price compare with make my blinds. Co.uk. My sports massagists other venture!

bearnecessities

I must be destined not to have them – note what appears to be a permanent indent at top of picture, just from poking about 🙁

nuke

Ooo, sorry didn’t realise it was the whiteish bead that was your gasket…must have been your dark original photo as thought there was a black gasket line.

Yeah, you really do have tiny gaskets… there’s only so much give in a gasket that big so not sure they could work.

I did do what you’ve done in your second pic but its only where the gasket has folded under itself…think i teased out the fold with a Stanley blade

chris36860
    Free Member

That photo looks like you are trying to insert it on the wrong side. The clip goes between the glass and the gasket, NOT the gasket and the plastic trim. You won’t get anything down that side.

PePPeR

As Chris36860 says above, it looks like you’re doing it wrong… 🙂

bearnecessities

I’m daft, but not that daft. CC was for depth illustration – I’ve been trying to insert between gasket & glass 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

The gasket or rubber is black. In all the years of being involved with actual profile extruders I’ve never seen white gasket. I’m off to fetch a credit card.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Can you take a pic further back?

bearnecessities

I would have thought you’d have wanted a closer pic! But here’s a pic further back as requested 🙂

martinhutch

Bit further back please? Can’t quite see the telly.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

(I rang the company, but not a lot of use)

Which company? Speak to louvolite if you can – if not drop me a pm with the depth of gasket and frame and I’ll ring their rep on Monday.

Product wise they’re very good, on new windows they often require smacking in with a rubber mallet mind.

I think I’ve a few of the intu (same thing different people) brackets on my desk, if I have I’ll drop them in the post and you can have a look see.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Lube it up with washing up liquid.

tinybits
    Free Member

There’s a chance that your glass is bedded on silicone or on glazing tape, if so there’s no space to get this to work.
    Nothing wrong with this method btw, I make thousands of windows a year on tape!

wrightyson
    Free Member

tinybits

There’s a chance that your glass is bedded on silicone or on glazing tape,

That’s internally beaded so I’d very much doubt it.

dc1988

I’m interested in one of these blinds but the window in question seems to have a similar design to that of the OP where the frame itself butts right up against the glass. Now I assume there is a gasket behind the frame but not currently visible.

If I were to remove the glass and file out a notch for the bracket to fit I assume I could make them fit? I can’t see this being a problem but wonder if anyone has done similar.

wrightyson
    Free Member

How old are your windows? Are they externally or internally beaded?

dc1988

They look fairly new, definitely not original with the house. Must be at least 5 years old though.

I think externally beaded, as in to remove the glass I’d have to do it from outside the window.

easygirl

If they are externally beaded I don’t think the clips will work

dmorts

We found the pleated Duoshade(?) ones from Blinds2Go have an inherent issue due to the way they are packed for shipping. The handles of the blind crease/mark the blind as it is all bound tightly for shipping. They tried to resolve it 4 times but it was the same each time, so we got a full refund. They said we could keep the blinds.

I think all the customer services were doing was ordering another each time, but not passing on what was at fault. The response email was word for word identical each time. That makes me think the blinds are made by a third party (perhaps in a different country) and B2G are just a reseller.

wrightyson
    Free Member

If externally beaded and newish I presume there will be a wedge gasket on the interior. This pushes the glass tight up in to the beads. I dont know of many extruders still using external beads, quite common in ally windows though.

dc1988

Ok, thanks. I might try and take the glass out when the weather improves to see if I can bodge it.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Any experience with ‘perfect-fit’ binds in patio doors?’ is closed to new replies.