Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • Any design lawyers on the forum? AnaNichoola & Wiggle top uncanny similarities.
  • sillyoldman

That would be preferable to this circular nonsense!

DaRC_L

So MrSmith (remember to elongate the vowels), a character from the Matrix, is accusing the I.T. industry of not creating anything via the medium which he accused of not being created/creative

MrSmith
    Free Member

So MrSmith (remember to elongate the vowels), a character from the Matrix, is accusing the I.T. industry of not creating anything via the medium which he accused of not being created/creative

That’s all lies. I didn’t accuse the IT industry of anything. Why are you accusing me of something I didn’t say?
    I have nothing to do with the matrix trilogy or characters depicted in those motion pictures either.

hora
    Free Member

All this arguing over designs reminds me why I always ride nude

imnotverygood

Maybe it is just me but I rather thought that the Wiggle one’s ‘inspiration’ was the American flag. Hence the stars’n’stripes albeit bastardised in a different colour. That is primarily why I don’t see it as a ripoff. I also think that Wiggle’s reply is reasonable and plausible, although they could of cour be lying through their teeth.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I would say that the majority of reasonable people being as objective as they could would agree that there are similarities between the two designs. Whether or not there was inspiration or worse that led to that similarity we will likely never know, and I would guess will never be tested in a claim (if AG has any sense).

JoeG
    Free Member

binners – Member

A mate I went to uni with, on the same graphics course as me, went into fashion, and is now the senior designer at a major label. He designs the clothing, particularly t shirt prints. He earns a massive 6 figure salary, and is regularly dangled even bigger salaries by other high street brands trying to poach him

Why do you think they do this? Because… well… they just like things to look pretty? Or because he’s a shit hot ‘designer’, and his stuff sells by the thousands of units, making them a fortune?

Is this your classmate, binners? 😆

stevetrevor
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oxy5Jr]The Original Wonder Woman[/url] by trev2005, on Flickr

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, dhb one has some very small stars on which the AN doesn’t, hence the size variation comparison fails; CBA to count the number of stars, but they certainly look denser on the dhb top – if there are a similar number then that’s because there is also a significant difference in the amount of the top with stars on; the USA top on page 1 (along with a lot of the other tops pictured) have white stars on a background of similar shade to the AN top – the dhb one has non-white stars on a much darker background.

Though the real kicker is that the distinctive design feature of the AN top is the “random” pattern of differently sized stars. This is indeed something different to all of the other tops people have posted including the dhb one.

So I’m afraid the suggestion that the star pattern of the dhb top is clearly derived from the star pattern of the AN top fails at a very basic level.

Yes, they both have stars on, they both have stars of different sizes. I think that’s about it.

atlaz
    Free Member

She seems to have been quiet since Wiggle’s new press release. Taking legal advice or just given up, I wonder

Dobbo

WTF is going on with Wonder Womans pants? Looks more like a nappy and a pretty full one at that.

On the Ana/DHB tops question the DHB one is much better looking IMO.

kelvin

1. Company contacts you regarding coming up with some ‘concepts’ for them
    2. You spend days of your time coming up with ideas*
    3. You present them to said company, and they say they’ll get back to you
    4. Nothing
    5. After chasing them up you may get some vague statement about ‘deciding not to proceed with the project’
    6. Designs appear that are identical to yours, just slightly tweaked in some half arsed way to make it ‘different’

I turned down another free “pitch” “opportunity” recently… it was easy once I started recalling all the times the above has happened after past pitches.

Any company worth working for will agree to pay for initial ideas, even if they then choose to either ignore them, or get someone in house to work them up into something different/better/onbrand, without any more involvement from you.

wwaswas

Wiggle are turning over more than £150 million a year now.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, they can afford better lawyers so unless they decide to make a bit of an about face on this due to social media pressure I suspect this will go quiet now.

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

The topic ‘Any design lawyers on the forum? AnaNichoola & Wiggle top uncanny similarities.’ is closed to new replies.