Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any decent riding to be had on the Chilterns??(wallingford)
  • renton
    Free Member

Ive moved down to a place called Benson and the chilterns arent far from me so i was wondering if there is anyone on here that rides around my local area (wallingford, goring etc) that can give me an idea on where to find some trails.

cheers

steve

singletracksurfer

I went to benson school. live by reading now.
    loads of great riding around.
    check out http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk for a guidebook and social rides.

renton
    Free Member

was that benson village or RAF benson school .??

how far are the decent trails from the camp?

singletracksurfer

the village. I lived in ewelme.

you are in the middle of the chilterns.
    lots of good trails in riding distance.

Amos
    Free Member

I live in goring, plenty of riding round here! I’m currently bike-less or i would show you round but if you wanna chat mail me in profile, got an OS map with Plenty of routes on it.

senorj

There’s loads.Plenty of bridleways/cheeky stuff from Luton heading South West(ish) to the Thames.
    I’m still learning it after a very kind fella from here showed me around. 8)
    As others have said , you’re bang in the middle of it.
    lucky you, very beautiful part of the country.

gusamc
    Free Member

some cracking stuff there, just get local OS and look at the trails, also stuff further W (Wantage, E+W Ilsley etc)

Trimix
    Free Member

Brilliant riding, anywhere in the Chilterns is ace. Its covered in tracks, all of which are worth exploring. Get an OS map, drive to Watlington and ride till your legs fall off. Ive been riding there night and day since 1989, anywhere between Goring in the West and Tring in the East.

Favorites are places around Turville, Wendover Woods, Princess Risborough, Goring, Christmass Common – the list is endless acutally. Like I say, OS Map + Bike = fun.

If your really stuck I have a shed load of GPX routes I can email you.

Amos
    Free Member

Trimix, could I get those GPX routes please? Especially the ones nearer Goring in case theres something I’ve missed

Ta

Trimix
    Free Member

I will have a look and see what I have for that area and send you them.

Or you could meet me next time your up for a ride there. I often go after work on a Thursday. Or weekends.

renton
    Free Member

yep same for me please can you email me some routes as that would be great.

just out of interest what is the best way up onto the hills from the RAF camp at benson as thats where i am

cheers

steve

Clink

Me as well – routes would be great please!

TheGingerOne

Renton,

Either out the back of Ewelme to Sliding Hill (on road to Swyncombe and Cookly Green) or up Beggarbush Hill and a left then right past Grundons and then down the bridleway on the right which you could have taken from the main road through RAF Benson as there is a bridleway straight up the side of the base from there – just outside the fence.

Seriously, just get an OS map and look for bridleways – there a loads out there. Just gets a bit crappy in the winter as the mud is a bit gopping, but its still rideable

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any decent riding to be had on the Chilterns??(wallingford)’ is closed to new replies.